This post was written by me. While I was compensated for my time and effort, all opinions remain 100% mine.
Postpartum hair loss is very common, and happened to me with both children when they were about three-months-old until about six-months-old. I was told to expect this, but it was still one of my least favorite parts about the postpartum period. That said, my body did prepare for it, so I didn’t get any bald spots, but when it all grew back at once, it was not a fun time.
There are many reasons your hair can thin. While full and healthy hair is often viewed by our society as a certain standard for beauty, this causes stress, anxiety, low self-esteem, and loss of confidence to the 40-50% of women suffering from hair loss. When I was in college, the amount of stress I felt during finals and having a series of bad roommate situations, caused me to experience hair loss every time I showered. I didn’t know why it was happening at first, but I got active to stop it, and I learned a lot from my doctor and my stylist along the way. Here are five ways you can help prevent and treat hair loss:
1. Eat more protein and more fruits and vegetables. Eat a rainbow! There are many fruits and vegetables that help with keeping a healthy head of hair. You can eat peppers, blueberries, sweet potatoes, leafy greens, and more.
2. Brush your hair daily because brushing stimulates the hair follicles at the base of your scalp, and helps spread natural oils from root to tip. You should also get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks (or 12 in my case), to prevent split ends.
3. Take vitamins for hair and nails. There are many varieties at the vitamin store.
4. Reduce stress. I know for me, stress can do a number on my body. There are ways to better manage it.
5. Use a specific product, tailor-made for hair loss and hair thinning concerns.
Enter KerMax™. What’s KerMax™? It’s a drug-free, affordable, over-the-counter answer to hair loss and hair thinning concerns. The KerMax™ hair care system is formulated and manufactured in France. It has natural active ingredients that safely reduce the appearance of thinning hair and hair loss, and makes new hair growth possible. Each product in the system is free of chemical preservatives, has no side effects, and is hypoallergenic. KerMax™ is safe for all hair types at any stage of life. The KerMax™ hair care system is available in the United States, at all CVS locations, and at CVS online.
CVS Purchase Page