Well, what will anything be like in 100 years? What will blogging be like in ten years, or even ten months? It has changed so, so much since I started four years ago, and I’m here. All the while. I’m here and I hope I’m changing too. I don’t need too many breaks because what so many people need to understand is that this is my break. This is my peace. This is part of my happy, a story in a whole book of happy-making events, people, places and things. You are all my happy. I watch so many of you change – some fade away forever. Some come bounding in the wide open doors of my blog. Some visit every now and then. Some take long, cool refreshing breaks and come back to tell me about it. What will blogging be like in 100 years? Will it still exist?
Find out my thoughts on that and more with this week’s Ask Away Friday! I’m paired with Rea from Reality Bites.
Rea is so cool – there are no two ways about it. When she’s talking about her love of food, her deep love for her husband, her growing love for her adorable son, Reiko, I am hooked. I was telling her that as nice as it is to be paired with a new blogger/friend, it’s so comfortable to step into my Ask Away Fridays with a longtime blogging friend. It’s like interviewing someone I know very well, and the questions spring from my brain faster than I can type them. Check her out because her thoughts on photography, travel, FOOD, home, parenting, love and more are thoughtful and fresh. She’s wonderful!
Hooray, hooray, hooray for a fabulous #AskAwayFriday! Get to know our new hosts, meet our new co-host, and grab our new logo! Be sure to check out our new Facebook page “AskAwayFriday” for a great place to meet up and send out a #BuddyRequest if you need a partner to swap with! And always feel free to contact me here or anywhere if you want to swap with me.
#AskAwayFriday was created by the amazing Penny from Real Housewife of Caroline County as a place for us to connect with other bloggers by asking them ten questions to really get to know them. The sky is the limit with the questions you ask!
Tiffany from Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter,
Christy from Uplifting Families,
Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings
Amber from Bold Fit Mom
Welcoming a brand new co-host, for the next two weeks is the amazing…April from 100lb Countdown!
April is a wife, mom, blogger, entrepreneur, author, and fitness guru who blogs about the things that make up her daily life as a SAHM focusing on her family. Be sure to stop by April’s site to check out her wonderful recipe offerings and money making opportunities or to just say “Hi”!
Be sure to check out Rea’s answers to my questions HERE. And now, my answers to her questions:
1. Your friend Ilene named one of her granola blends after you which she called Tamara’s Blend. If you are to bake your own version of cookies and name them after 3 people except Cassidy, Scarlet, and Des – to whom would you name them? And what would you call those cookies? 🙂
Wait. I got cookies today to celebrate Scarlet’s kindergarten orientation this morning. (there were tears – not mine! weird) Ok, I’m going to eat a cookie while I respond to this, careful not to get crumbs in the keyboard.
1. When I was little, my mom would take me to her aerobics classes. Maybe there was a child-watch there. Maybe I would just sit quietly and watch those memorable leg lifts because she’d take me to a bakery next door after class and get me these giant sugar and/or butter cookies completely covered in rainbow sprinkles. To this day, I have been on the search for them. We’ve had some leads and it’s possible that bakery still exists. I would make those cookies and maybe call them, “Mom’s Magical Memories” cookies, or something equally corny. Since I live in Northampton, which is a rainbow capital, I could call them “Rainbow Magic.”
2. Cassidy makes these wonderful caramel stuffed brownies. One night, one of his very drunk friends ate one and they were so good that he said, “Who the **** made these??” I think it would be funny, and probably totally wrong on many levels to make a whole “Who The **** Made These?” line of baked goods. So my best of the best ooey, gooey, chewy chocolate chip cookies would be called, “Who The **** Made These Chocolate Chip Cookies?” And that’s an “F” word, if you’re wondering.
3. I would make Pumpkin Latte cookies. Oh yes, I would. They’d be “Lindsay’s Cookies” after my pumpkin-loving sister.
2. If New England can only have ONE season, which one would you choose and why?
Every fiber of my being is screaming out, “Why, Spring of course!” I love its heady deliciousness and I love that it is a season I love, that leads into two other seasons I love. However, a fall without winter? Now that is something to consider. Our springs can be very disappointing – and filled with the worst of the three other seasons. This current one is dreadful. It’s the growth, though. The growth! And fall has that beautiful foliage. Hmm… and no humidity, usually. Ugh. Coin flip. I choose.. SPRING!
3. In terms of blog design, what do you notice first on someone’s blog? What bothers you the most?
I first notice photos, of course! I love fonts too. What bothers me? Well there are certain things I don’t like – blogs that scroll oddly and erratically and jump around. I guess they’re loaded with ads? That makes it difficult but it wouldn’t chase me away.
4. Just a thought. What do you think would blogging be like in 100 years?
It’s only a scary thought because what will this WORLD be like in 100 years? Will it survive? I tend to be hopeful that intellect and kindness will win out. I honestly cannot imagine the technology of the future, and that will change a lot of ways we read and write blogs. However, I’d like to believe that the true essence is timeless – that if computers had existed 100 years ago, and 100 years from now, we’re all ultimately creating music, art and writing from our hearts and our designs.
5. Scarlet and Des are so adorable as always! If you can get a gift for each one of them and money isn’t an issue, what would you give them?
I’d like to get Scarlet a perfectly and exotically adorable kitten that has a good personality. I don’t like cats but it’s her dream and I don’t want to crush her dreams. I think I’d like to get Des a giant sandbox. He loves to spend hours sifting sand through his fingers. It’s always fun trying to get it out of his scalp later on too! Not.
6. I recently posted a photo blog post where I shared a picture of myself with someone or a picture of a time in my life. Share a picture of you in a time of your life when everything is changing. What’s the story behind it?
There is so much I could say. I had to go digging for the first scenario I thought about. And it was a dig:
It was two days before my 26th birthday. Everything was..magical. My boyfriend at the time had thrown me a birthday party with a surprise – a traveling petting zoo – because I loved animals so much. My friends and family came. That night we all stayed up late playing Taboo, and laughing until we cried. It was romantic and blissful and.. I felt.. loved. I felt really loved. It’s funny to see my happiness in the photos because two days later, on my real birthday, my ex – Cassidy would call me. And that would complicate life for a very long time, assuming it’s uncomplicated right now! I guess it never really is, but that was a throw.
7. Surprisingly, my husband once asked me if he can write an article and publish it on my blog. If Cassidy would guest post on your blog, what would he write about and what would his writing style be like?
That is so funny! I was thinking TODAY in the shower about people having their husbands surprise them with guest posts on birthdays and anniversaries, and I thought “He probably wouldn’t do that.” Not on his own. If I asked him, I think he would but I don’t know what he’d say! He’s been silent through a lot of this, hasn’t he? Maybe one day we’ll find out.
8. If you had a “theme” song that played whenever you walk into a room full of people, what would it be and why?
I think it changes a lot. Steady ones would be “Learning to Fly” by Tom Petty and “Safe and Sound” by Capital Cities. I’d probably throw in “Live To Tell” by Madonna for a movie. For this week, it’s this one. Pardon the oddness:
9. I know that your blog is so close to your heart. Say your blog was suddenly gone one day for no apparent reason and you could no longer retrieve it plus you don’t have a back up, what would you do?
Oh dear! I back it up often! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go back it up.. Ok, I’m back. I cannot really imagine the devastation. I would rebuild, of course, but not without tears, headaches and that kind of aching, searing pain that is just about too much to handle – the kind of emotional pain that makes you moan every waking second. Yeah. That.
10. Tamara in numbers.
Number of times you’ve seen moose – Well this isn’t the amount of moose I’ve seen (that’s a lot), but it’s the amount of successful moose sighting outings – 10 times!
Number of cameras you owned (and still own) – It’s hard to get exact, but I’d say also 10. 10 cameras!
Number of hours you spend blogging in a given day – Well I don’t blog every day but each post is 1-3 hours, three times a week.
Number of times you’ve guest-posted – Maybe 5-7 times.
Number of times you’ve co-authored a book – Just once! I’m interested in doing it again in the future.
Be sure to check out our Facebook page “AskAwayFriday” for a great place to meet up and send out a #BuddyRequest if you need a partner to swap with or to just talk about anything #AskAwayFriday!
By adding your email to this link up, you will be added to email correspondence that may be sent by one of our hosts, you may opt out at any time.
Hosts reserve the right to remove any links that do not pertain to the #AskAwayFriday theme.