There are just many things to say. I don’t like plot holes, you see. If I go to a movie and they don’t turn the lights on when the credits roll, I stay until the theater has completely emptied and I wait for that secret ending. And if there is no secret ending, I at least enjoy the music and wonder why they just encouraged a ton of people to trip over themselves in the dark for nothing! When a show is canceled abruptly, I get very angry that it never got a chance to cover the plot holes. I’m looking at YOU, “My So-Called Life”! And when a show does get a chance to fill in about 500 plot holes and just doesn’t, that’s called negligence. I’m looking at YOU, “Glee!” Don’t get me started on books and movies – I do enjoy when they leave something open to think about, when a sequel is already in the works. I’m looking at ya, Guardians of the Galaxy and I like what I see.
So imagine my surprise when I found out that I had left a plot hole and I haven’t filled in any of it in a long time! Over a year ago, I started the #30ThingsChallenge which I found on Second Chances Girl’s blog. It’s about answering 30 questions that you want your kids to know about you – either right now or eventually. I only answered question #1 of 30 Things About Me That I Want My Kids to Know, and now it’s time for some more. Feel free to use them anytime! I think they’re very fun.
#AskAwayFriday was created by the amazing Penny from Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fit Mom, as a way to connect with other bloggers with a great Q & A session of 10 questions and 10 answers, between two bloggers! This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know others while allowing others to get to know you and of course there is also the added bonus of making great friends along the way which is one of the best parts of this online world! Ask me if you want to swap!
Tiffany from Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter,
Christy from Uplifting Families,
Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings
Echo from The Mad Mommy
1. What are 5 things that make you most happy right now?
Well, I’m not all that happy right now because the weather is still trash and Des appears to have a fever virus, but I suppose I should just be thankful it’s not another stomach virus and that this trash weather/trash virus season is nearly gone.
1. That! I’m happy that spring weather will come, and soon we’ll be gardening in short-sleeves, and we’ll be virus free!
2. I’m happy that a big paycheck is coming my way and that I plan to use it as wisely as I can, but on cookies too.
3. I’m happy that other than this fever cold thing, both kids are in very communicative and developing and happy phases.
4. I’m happy that I still have a lot of excitement to see moose and go on road trips and explore and photograph New England.
5. I’m happy that Cassidy and I are getting to a better place lately. For awhile there..whew..it wasn’t pleasant.
2. What is your dream job and why?
I used to think it was to be a National Geographic photographer, but then I became a mother, and I don’t really want to run all over the globe when I can run all around here and see some beauty. I’d love to be a very successful photographer AND writer AND mother. You know, kinda like what I am now, but with a lot more money, and a heck of a lot less fear.
3. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
I don’t embarrass easily at all. I think growing up with four siblings intent on embarrassing you will do that. So no, even when Des pooped out of his diaper and out of his clothes and onto my sundress in public, I wasn’t embarrassed. Just flustered. And when Scarlet asked the nurse when Des’ penis would fall off, the way his umbilical cord had, I wasn’t embarrassed. Ok, I will tell you something that embarrassed me and it’s AWFUL. I told it to my playground friends yesterday and they agreed that it’s awful. When Scarlet was two or three, I took her with me to an eyebrow appointment. While I was paying the ladies, she said something that I have never figured out where she had heard it first. She said it innocently enough, and I know she had NO idea, but she said to me, “Mama, where are we going to buy them? Do we have to go to a special store because I want a bag of d*cks!” I turned white. There was a language barrier but the salon ladies knew EXACTLY what she had said.
4. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
What the heck? I have to go from a bag of d*cks to this? Well I’m not going to get political or unleash anything like that, but I think the notion that the world is getting worse is wrong. People will always talk about the “good ole days” (like the Spanish Inquisition?) and how everything is unsafe. Well it always has been. It comes and goes – bad times and good times. We are just more aware of the bad than ever with social media. I think there always has been, and there always will be a majority of good people trying to make the world a better place. There’s a lot of good yet. Now.. come give me a hug! There, that’s right.
5. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
1. Inconsiderate drivers.
2. Slow people in the left lane. What. Is. Wrong. With. Them?
3. Audible eating.
4. Close talking.
5. “Your” in place of “You’re.” How can you get this far in life and not know?
6. The sound of typing on a laptop.
7. Slow computers!
8. Never being able to hit the X on your browser fast enough when you accidentally click a link.
9. People who walk painfully slowly, take up a whole sidewalk, and then stop short in the middle of it.
10. Pop-ups on websites. I hope you never see one here! I don’t want subscribers or Facebook fans THAT badly.
6. Describe your relationship with your spouse.
Well it’s evolving. We have a lot of love and dreams, but messy life stuff has gotten in the way and we’re not the power couple we set out to be. Luckily, we haven’t given up on any of it – not on each other and not on our original big dreams.
7. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
I don’t know if I have one! I definitely like Easter/Passover for the happiness factor since I’m all about light and warmth and chocolate eggs. Halloween is pretty darn special. I guess Christmas is my favorite for the big, big dreams and the season.
8. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
For me, it’s about your dreams dying, or seeing that possibility as imminent. And it’s about the challenge of letting people in and out of your heart. The more you love and grow, the more people you eventually lose. And that’s the toughest stuff.
9. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
I think mine might more be phobias than fears, and they are all interlinked. And deep. Sorry, no spider fear over here:
1. Dying young. Well, my father left behind two young daughters rather suddenly, and I’m terrified of that happening here.
2. Vomit. I think it’s related to fear of loss of control, which explains other fears. (but not heights, strangely) I think it’s from when my parents were dating after my father died. They left us with a babysitter when I was sick and I threw up on my arm. I must have felt so scared and sad and alone. The babysitter put me in clean pajamas and I got to watch Snow White until my parents came home. Also, vomit is not exactly pleasant even when you’re not phobic, is it?
3. Natural disasters and apocalypse talk and outer space. I can’t even joke about meteors and global warming and black holes and the sun exploding. I can’t even watch shows on it! Don’t get me started on earthquakes and volcanos and tornados!
10. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
Is hair a body part? I like its thickness. I think my favorite part of my body is its all around metabolism. I’m just narrow all over and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down, although I’m sure it could still happen for me when I’m older.
Be sure to check out our Facebook page “AskAwayFriday” for a great place to meet up and send out a #BuddyRequest if you need a partner to swap with or to just talk about anything #AskAwayFriday!
Would you like to join in on the #AskAwayFriday fun as a co-host? Click on the link below and fill out the form!
By adding your email to this link up, you will be added to email correspondence that may be sent by one of our hosts, you may opt out at any time.
Hosts reserve the right to remove any links that do not pertain to the #AskAwayFriday theme.