If someone asks me my most favorite food, I have to separate it into categories. There is way too much good in this world to have to narrow it down to one. Favorite fruit? Apples. Ok, and strawberries, and raspberries but only when fresh-picked from the bush. Favorite vegetable? Broccoli. And sometimes broccoli with carrots. And excellently made salad. Favorite dessert? Easy. Ice cream. Ok, and cookies, but only specific ice cream and specific cookies. Favorite side dish? Mashed potatoes. Wow, I actually answered with only one. Favorite snack? Easier than all of these. POPCORN. Few things make me so happy..
My kids have been slow to catch on, but sure enough, they now love popcorn. Sweet, salty, anything but completely plain, I love to hear the three of us munching on popcorn when we’re sitting together and watching a movie. It’s become a special occasion thing we do during school vacations, so when I heard that the The Land Before Time Complete DVD Collection was being released today, I decided to make a whole night out of it. A savory version – Pop Secret Movie Theater Butter – and a sweet version – my recipe for “Cupcake Popcorn” using Pop Secret Homestyle. Then of course, we have THE movie of choice.
It’s special when you can recreate a special childhood memory/event with your own kids. It shows you how far you’ve come in life (having a family and all), but also how some old favorites will always stay special in your heart. Popcorn and a movie.
If we’re being honest here, and we’re generally honest here, I can’t imagine a better movie collection to binge watch. I once binge watched every Friday the 13th movie ever, so as you can imagine, this is much more my speed. I have laughed. I have cried. I have named one of my stuffed animals “Littlefoot” and cried at night, just thinking about the emotional parts of the first movie. It was my first true dinosaur movie, and I was dinosaur-obsessed. Were my kids ready for it? Yes. So we did it.
Recipe for a Perfect Family Movie Night:
1. The movie, of course. I will generally always recommend something brand new to all at the movie night, or something that deeply touched one of the members, and they want to share! Tear-jerkers, laugh-makers, breath-takers. I love them all.
2. The setting. Cushy, cozy, well-spaced, and dimly lit, please!
3. The company. Hey, that’s up to you. Preferably someone you love sharing emotional times with!
4. Popcorn. See first paragraph. I believe that few things are better than good popcorn, with or without a movie, but preferably with one. I’m the biggest sucker on earth for Movie Theater Butter Popcorn. That will always be my true favorite.
5. Scarlet likes more of a sweet popcorn recipe. I like making Scarlet happy. Des also enjoys my recipe for “Cupcake Popcorn.” What do you need? Just a few things: Pop Secret 10 ct HomeStyle Popcorn (I got mine at Walmart), butter, melting chocolate, sprinkles. That’s it! I like to melt about 2-3 tablespoons of butter just so the popcorn isn’t dry when you add melted chocolate in the colors of your choice! Then use sprinkles and you’re done! The best of everything.
I say do it – while you are all together on a spring/summer night. Have a beautiful night together with your kid or kids. Or friends! You can relive one of your favorite movies of your childhood or young adulthood and make a delicious night of it.
Head to Walmart to grab The Land Before Time: The Complete Collection DVD today, 6/14 (while supplies last).
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Pop Secret, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #Pop4LandB4time http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV