Are you on your way to Universal Studios? Do you have plans for a family vacation or are you dreaming of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Whatever your plans entail, you’ll want to make sure that you are ready for a full day of pop culture and FUN! You want to know the ultimate tips and tricks for Universal Studios? Don’t worry – I’ve got you covered here!
As you know, because I tell you a thousand times a day, we go to Universal Orlando once a year, and I’m starting to think that once isn’t enough. As you know from my previous posts (see below), I’ve already talked about all the wonders you’ll find in those parks, and how to get the most of your time there. Now, let’s talk about being prepared for a long day in the parks!
Making the most of your trip with these tips and tricks for Universal Studios!
Note: this post contains affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
Whether it is your first visit to Universal or if you are an experienced pass holder, you’ll want to be prepared for a long, fun, hot, but amazing day of pure amazement!
Like Scar Sings In The Lion King, “Be Prepared!”
While Universal Studios has almost everything your geeky little heart can desire, it can often be more than your bank account can take. However, buying a few things outside of the resort and EVEN the resort city, will save you a bunch of money.
Here are some great things to pack for your trip to Universal:
- Bring a light, easy to carry backpack. It will be a lifesaver! Especially, if you throw a First Aid Kit in there!
- Easy to carry water bottles! Beverages are super expensive at Universal, but there are water fountains where you can refill your water bottles.
- You don’t realize how blistering that Universal sun can be until you are in the thick of it, so bringing Sun Hats and Sunscreen is a must!
- You’ll definitely want to eat before you go into the park, because the food prices will make your jaw drop! However, throwing a variety of snacks in your backpack might help offset that cost.
Are you ready for some sweet tips and tricks for Universal Studios that people never think of, but are totally amazing?!
Two words – Personal Fan! I’m serious! Yes, there are a couple of misting spots in the park, but it gets so hot waiting in those long lines and that personal fan will be life-changing!
Another trick? Buy a lanyard with an ID holder and use it to carry your ID, Credit Card, Ticket, etc, instead of a bulky wallet or purse! That way, it is always on your person and is much safer!
Pro Parent/Photographer Tip: Bring a couple power packs! You’ll be taking a lot of pictures and you’ll be astonished at how fast your cell phone battery depletes. These little power packs will definitely come in handy!
Whenever you go and whatever you do, your trip will be extra magical and a little bit easier with these tips and tricks for Universal Studios!
Oh, and if you happen to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, don’t forget to let your wand pick you, try a butter beer and check out Gringotts for chocolate coins!
Check out more about our travel to Universal Studios:
- 7 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Trip to Universal Orlando
- 10 of Our Favorite Family Experiences at Universal Orlando
Have you ever been to Universal Studios?