This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IDSimplyPure #CollectiveBias
She made me a complete coffee bar spread, and still does when I get down to visit these days. When it’s a holiday, or when she gets a new coffee bean or type of sprinkles, that becomes a new detail. We’re all about the details. We both consider ourselves sensitive tasters, and to this day, I’ll pay $6.00 for a cup of coffee out in the world and it will never taste as good as my mom’s home-brewed coffee. It’s about the beans you use, the mug you pour the coffee in, and what goes in your coffee!
Afternoon coffee talks can be an important part of a relationship – whether a new or old one. You can connect and reconnect over coffee, and sometimes there’s no better way. My mom will make me decaf coffee, and will set out mugs, coffee creamers, sugar – with colored sugar sometimes sprinkled in, whipped cream, chocolate covered spoons, and much more.
Before I moved to California and got engaged, our afternoon coffee dates were crucial in calming me down while I was facing some of the worst fears of my life. Even though I live four hours from my parents now and can no longer do regular afternoon coffee dates with my mom, coffee dates/talks are an important part of my daily life. Whether I’m having coffee alone with my thoughts, some books and the cat, or whether I’m with a loved one, there is often no better way to unwind or connect.
Coffee dates are the perfect date, I always say. They’re casual, inexpensive, flexible, and FUN! I like to make mine extra-special, and there’s no better way to have a coffee date than at home. You can even carve time for one with your spouse!
Coffee Dates – Why They’re a Wonderful Way to Reconnect With a Loved One, or Connect With Someone New In Your Life:
1. It’s inexpensive. A little goes a long way with a coffee date at home. You have the best elements right there, and they last. Coffee beans or coffee grounds, mugs, coffee creamers, other coffee fixings, and incredible conversation.
2. A coffee date is ideal for conversation and connection. Think about it – a table, two chairs, two steaming mugs, and nothing else between you! There’s nothing else to do except talk, connect, reconnect, enjoy.
3. A coffee date can happen any time of day. Can’t get together in the morning? Coffee is good in the afternoon. Afternoon booked up? Coffee is good in the evening. Waiting until the kids are in bed? Coffee is wonderful with dessert.
4. A coffee date is short and sweet. It’s so un-intimidating to invite someone over for coffee. You don’t have to prepare a large meal. You don’t have to look hard to find the time. It’s a short burst of connection and conversation.
5. You can tell a lot about a person by their coffee order and creamer choice! It’s just a fun getting to know you activity, and it also helps you get to know people you already know even better.
How Can You Throw the Perfect Coffee Date?
1. The mugs. Put out your special, feel-good mugs. Whether they’re funny, sweet, pretty, old, new, big, or little, people seem to love picking out a special mug for themselves. Set out mugs with your loved one in mind.
2. The coffee itself. Think about making both a caffeinated and decaf blend. Some people switch it up halfway through a coffee date, or only prefer one or the other. Consider flavors, blends, quality, brand, etc.
3. Extra touches and food! My mom likes to put out different types of sugar – white, raw, brown, splenda, etc. One thing she does is to mix colored sugar in with the white – whether it’s for a holiday or special occasion. She also puts out whipped cream. I also love to serve honey cornbread muffins, chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies, or brownies. And doughnuts!
4. The table. There is great joy in spreading out the napkins, the food, the coffee bar fixings, and whatever else will fuel your conversation, and bring you together. I love using pretty centerpieces to set an atmosphere.
5. The coffee creamers! This is perhaps my favorite part. I am not someone who takes milk in her coffee. I am someone who takes International Delight Simply Pure Coffee Creamer in my coffee. There are three wonderful flavors.
As a coffee lover, with a sensitive taste for all things, I love using International Delight Simply Pure Coffee Creamer for special occasions, and also for everyday use. Made with five simple ingredients, including real milk, cream, and sugar, there’s a special flavor for all tastes. It’s a vital part of my in-home coffee station at all times. Simply Pure doesn’t lose its flavor.