It’s being six and a half. It’s being in first grade. It’s powerful best friendships, Shopkins obsessions, and learning to read. Scarlet is savvier about EVERYTHING. She asks me real-world questions, about the election, about where babies come from (yikes!), and about math equations. She’s also taken bigger steps into a more grown up world. She has slept at her grandparent’s house for three nights. She has had sleepovers with her best friend. She has gained independence in all areas.
I used to boast that my kids hadn’t yet discovered technology. I used to boast that they spent all of their time outside or doing arts and crafts at home. This was never fully true – because of TV – but until recently, they weren’t privy to the world of iPads and iPhones. That has all changed. Kids today learn FAST how to swipe an iPhone or iPad to life. Kids today know that when you don’t know the answer to something immediately, “Well, why don’t you go Google it, Mama!” Scarlet has been saying that to me since she was FIVE! When I was five, I couldn’t even crack open a dusty encyclopedia myself to check the answers to something. It can be worrisome that our kids today are so tech-savvy, and the world isn’t always friendly to kids..
What delights me is that Scarlet – and eventually three-year-old Des – are curious about the world and that they’re assertive about ways to find out more. What worries me is not finding ways to prevent them from finding inappropriate content.
Are your children protected? Net Nanny® is the #1-rated parental controls software that protects your family from pornography, online predators & cyberbullying. There are many positive effects of parental monitoring controls.
Less screen time
Improved school performance
Enhanced prosocial behavior
Lower aggressive behavior
You can get all of the amazing features of this #1 rated parental controls software – on the go! Net Nanny® has released a brand new iOS update in the App Store. It is available exclusively as part of a Net Nanny® Family Protection Pass, and lets children of all ages safely browse the web on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. We plan to travel a lot this spring and summer!
– There’s an Internet filter. You can set filtering for 18 categories of online content to either block, warn or allow for view.
– You can warn or block access to pornography and other adult content.
– You have Time Management. You can set the total number of Internet hours in a day, or set specific times of day when your child can be online.
– You can Mask Profanity. Censor offensive language on websites by replacing the words with character symbols.
– Social Media Monitoring. Net Nanny Social helps protect kids from online threats and monitors activities related to your child’s “friends,” cyberbullying, sexual predators, privacy concerns, and reputation-damaging pictures or videos.
– There’s Alerts & Reporting. Receive reports and mail alerts about your child’s online activity.
– Remote Admin. Check usage reports and change your child’s profile settings from any computer with an Internet connection.
– User Profiles. Use preset user profiles or customize settings for each family member; unlimited user profiles for each computer.
Want to hear the best part of all? You can get protected too! Today! Net Nanny is currently offering my readers 30% off its services. Through March 31, 2016, you can get 30% off any Net Nanny product with promo code TAMARA30. Link, HERE.