Today, I have a major case of the Mondays. On a Wednesday. Every day they say it will be sunny and it isn’t. As I write, this, though – it’s getting sunnier. I know I posted this ages ago, but I had to repost it because it’s awesome and finally sunny out as I write out this recipe again! Also, it’s making me smile a bunch. It must be the magic of the Mini Pop Tart Recipe!
Guys. I repeat. A homemade MINI Pop Tart Recipe.
The suspense has gone on long enough, so here’s the recipe. Let me know if you have any questions, and please show me pictures if you successfully make them! And, if they last long enough to take pictures. They go fast in my house!
What You Need:
1 pkg. Pillsbury Pie Crusts
1 Can Strawberry Pie Filling
1 Can Vanilla Frosting
Sprinkles and Jimmies
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take both round pieces of pie crusts and trim off the edges so you have two square pieces the same size
- Divide the frosting into three small bowls and mix food coloring into two of the bowls with your choice of color, and leave one bowl of frosting white
- On one piece of your pie crust, take a teaspoon and put dollops of pie filling – you can fit 24-30 dollops on the crust
- Place the other piece of crust on top of this one and cut the dough in strips about ¼ inch from each edge of the dollops of pie filling
- You can see the pie filling through the dough so this is easy to do
- Using a fork, press along the edges to seal the two sheets of dough together around the edges of the filling
- Then cut strips the other direction so now you have individual little filled pieces, and press the fork along the other edges to seal together
- Place the little mini pop tarts on a cookie tray and put a tiny cut into the top of each tart
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned
- Let cool
- Frost each pop tart and sprinkle with sprinkles