This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BaronessPatches #CollectiveBias
Maybe it’s something in the air! Maybe it’s the perfect combination of cheese, crust and sauce. Or maybe it’s back to school time and all that accompanies these hectic weeks/months. Meal planning. Quick weeknight dinners. Friday night dinner as the first time all four of us are home for dinner? Yeah, that could be it! I am a Red Baroness! How do I know this? My kids tell me. I tell myself. Red Baron is a great pizza for our pizza night. It’s easy to get at Walmart, and the taste is fantastic for my kids (and their parents too). That’s why I’d be remiss if I didn’t tell you about this opportunity to win exciting prizes!
When I was a kid, we’d have our pizza night on Fridays. Now, as my daughter says, “Friday is pizza lunch at school!” She wants pizza night to be special, so it’s Sunday nights. That’s when the Red Baron takes on the form of a wingmom (ME) for dealing with mealtime chaos. Are you a Red Baroness too? It means we’ve seen it all and we meet our toughest challenges and raise them. I turn mealtime into family time with Red Baron® Classic 4 Cheese and Red Baron® Pepperoni Pizza.
Then we plan our family pizza night! For this time of year, a family favorite is a fresh fall harvest salad. I’m talking crisp apples, roasted butternut squash, homemade spiced pecans, and homemade maple cider vinaigrette. You can add Parmesan and pepitas, and just all around enjoy all of these amazing flavors together. It was the first salad that Scarlet loved.
It’s also the perfect complement to a fall/winter pizza night. Just think of it. Everyone is gathering together after various weekday or weekend activities. Everyone is HUNGRY. You, the Red Baroness, have the greatest idea for dinner:
- For the Salad:
- 1 pound butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups arugula and mixed greens of choice
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or craisins
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 6 cups pecans
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Recommended: make the spiced pecans at a different time
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine salt, pepper, cayenne, cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl
- Spread pecans on a large rimmed baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss with melted butter
- Add spices to coat and return to baking sheet to bake for 3-4 more minutes
- For the salad dressing, whisk all ingredients together and set aside
- Preheat oven to 375° and line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil
- Toss the squash with olive oil, salt and pepper and add to baking sheet
- Spread into an even layer and cook for 15 minutes or until roasted
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients and toss until mixed
- Dress and enjoy!
Or, it might look different. Everyone likes their fall harvest salad a bit differently. I love mine with a rainbow of colors, and that amazing homemade vinaigrette. The spiced pecans are fall personified, and the crunchy apples are too!
Either way, I know you’ll love it. I love how family pizza night has become a tradition in my house, just like it was when I was a kid. Back then, we had a crunchy awesome salad too! I love being a Red Baroness and finding new inspiration.
Stay connected! There’s an incredible Ibotta offer for Red Baron pizzas at Walmart here. And connect on Facebook and Twitter. And maybe you’ll see a bit (or a lot) of yourself in this fantastic Red Baron video. I know I do!
Don’t forget to enter the sweepstakes above! To get great inspiration for pizza night and beyond, and to find out which of the Baroness patches best describes you and/or your mom style definitely click HERE for all of that and more. Such fun!