It’s simultaneously easy/creepy. It’s all things Halloween in this household, in ways I haven’t fully discovered yet. I’ve been in my blur of photo editing, lack of vitamin D (thanks, four gloomy days in a row), and staying out late last night to see A Bad Moms Christmas. Yes, I totally saw it early. It’s one of the perks of my job. Yes, it’s as good as the first one. You’ll thank me when you walk out of that one. That said, this is Halloween time! It’s on all of our brains! (BRAAAAIIIINS) I’m trying really hard not to give any spoilers away. Last time Cassidy made a super cool costume (more on that tomorrow), I had more limited media access than I do now. There was something pure in that, though. Just camera photos – and thorough ones too.
These days, I rely heavily on video and phone photos. They’re good, but they’re not real camera photos. And that said, it’s super hard to juggle two excited kids, my own propensity for dressing up, and a phone, AND a camera. I’ll see what I can do, though. It matters. A lot. And I’m super horrible at keeping secrets so I’m just going to stop talking now and share a recipe.
Zombie Graves Mini Halloween Cakes:
1 pkg. Rice Krispies Treats
1 can Vanilla Frosting
1 pkg. Chocolate Graham Crackers
2 — Hershey’s Cookies N Crème Candy Bars
Wilton Candy Melts, Orange
Green Candy Shreds
Black Food Coloring
1 pkg. Gummy Monsters
- Color the frosting with a few drops of black food coloring so it is a dark gray color, and then spread it on top of each of the Rice Krispies Treats.
- Place a monster on each one so it looks like it is coming up from the ground.
- Crush one package of the grahams and sprinkle over the frosting. Sprinkle some green candy shreds on to look like grass.
- Divide each candy bar into 3 sections. You can use an edible marker to write dates or funny names on the candy bar headstones.
- Melt the orange chocolate melts per package directions and put a dot on the front bottom edge of each candy bar headstone and press against the end of the krispies treat behind the zombie.