This post was sponsored by Nabisco as part of a Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I know we’ll be having a neighborhood BBQ and I also love to have summer recipes on hand to use for entertaining, house guests, and get-togethers with friends. I’ve always had a bit of an obsession with mini cakes. There’s something so cute and celebratory when you can pop a cute dessert in your mouth. That’s why I invented my Strawberry Lemonade Cake Bites using Lemon NILLA Wafers. I love Original NILLA Wafers and I just discovered the Lemon flavor. I think it’s evenly matched how I feel about them (LOVE) but the Lemon NILLA Wafers are perfect for my cake bites! This is a no-bake recipe so it is perfect for hot days and summer entertaining. And July 4th should be about spending more time with loved ones instead of baking.
- 36 Lemon NILLA Wafers
- 2 Tbsp lemonade
- Strawberry jelly
- 8 oz. Melting candy in color of choice (I chose white)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Strawberry shaped fruit snacks
- 1. Pour juice in a bowl and brush the flat sides of 24 Lemon NILLA Wafers with juice
- 2. Spread strawberry jelly over the juice
- 3. Take the remaining 12 Lemon NILLA Wafers with the round side up and put them on a wax paper covered baking sheet
- 4. Top each remaining wafer with two juice and jelly topped wafers, and with the jelly side down
- 5. Put in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours
- 6. Melt your candy and stir in your oil until it's blended and good for dipping
- 7. Dip your Lemon NILLA Wafer stacks in the melted candy and evenly coat
- 8. Top with strawberry fruit snacks and put in fridge to cool for 30 minutes
Pretty awesome looking, right? This is the perfect no bake recipe for July 4th celebrations. We get our NILLA Wafers and Lemon NILLA Wafers at Walmart, and can easily get the rest of the ingredients for our favorite no bake summer recipes.
I love the endless possibilities of NILLA Wafers and Lemon NILLA Wafers. It’s like you can do so much for great, quick, no bake solutions – especially in the hot summer months. With July 4th coming fast, I know my recipe is in time to inspire you for your parties. And if not, the NILLA Recipes page has tons of no bake dessert ideas for your summer parties!
When I was a kid, my parents would throw epic July 4th parties out around our pool. So many aspects of these parties would be memorable to me – like the amount of people, the fireworks, the bbq food, and the music – but my parents would always have a dessert table. I’m not sure they’d ever have a party without a dessert table. It would be so out of character!