This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ThinSlicedChicken #CollectiveBias
School and daycare are still in session for us, but they’re winding down. We’re celebrating with Field Day, end-of-the-year parties, and I admit I sniffle every time I think about my “babies” turning into a second grader and a preschooler, respectively. It’s really no wonder I peruse the adoptable pet listings daily. I’m clearly looking for another mouth to feed!
Luckily the mouths I do have to feed are generally receptive to my culinary adventures. It’s funny that I don’t get sick of cooking by the time summer rolls around. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. I’m finally winding up again, buoyed by longer daylight, summer vegetable pairings, and being less exhausted from camp and fun, than I am from constant school and daycare drop-offs and pick-ups. The kids can get exhausted after a long summer day, but my new favorite chicken dinner recipe is so quick and easy, that I can run around the garden with them while it cooks. Just yesterday, I picked strawberries while my chicken cooked! It’s that time of year in which easy and totally delicious recipes earn my appreciation.
I love Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, and how do I count the ways? The chicken breasts have “freshness sealed in” and I love freshness sealed in. They are individually frozen so you can choose to only cook what you need at once. This is so awesome in a half-picky family! Not sure what half is picky, actually? I do know we ALL eat chicken. Also, each chicken breast has 21 grams of protein. I love protein. Wheee!
So as I said above, they can be cooked straight from frozen. This is easy and outstanding on those busy weeknights. And weekends. And just anytime. They can be cooked in less than 30 minutes because they are a thinner cut of meat. You’ll see from my recipe about timing/temperature but you can’t ask for an easier way to cook these All Natural chicken breasts.
This is an easy chicken recipe, perfect for those weeknights in which you have nothing thawed or already prepared. The frozen breasts are ready to cook, and the amount of garlic, cheese and seasonings make this recipe VERY juicy and delicious.
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup of dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheddar or cheddar jack cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (they are iced glazed and are not stuck together - perfect for this recipe)
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt your butter and minced garlic in a saucepan over low heat and cook until the garlic is tender. It took me about 4-5 minutes.
- In a large, shallow bowl, mix up the dry ingredients - bread crumbs, half of the Parmesan and cheddar (and set aside the rest), parsley flakes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Dip each individual breast in a coating of garlic butter, and then a coating of the bread crumb mixture. The chicken is frozen but can easily be coated. You may need to double or triple dip.
- Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking pan. You can drizzle with any remaining butter or bread crumbs. They will be ready to go!
- Thawed chicken breasts take about 30 minutes to cook, until the chicken is no longer pink. Since this easy recipe uses frozen breasts, it can about 50 percent longer than the usual cooking time. However, since this is a thin cut of meat, it conveniently cooks quickly. The best practice would be to use a food thermometer and wait until the chicken's internal temperature has reached at least 165 degrees.
- Remember the cheese you still have left over? Put it on during the last two minutes of cook time to let it melt and brown OR consider using the broiler.
And since you like when I tell you good news, I should tell you that with Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, the chickens are raised with no added hormones or steroids.
Once they reach a safe temperature and you pull the chicken breasts from the oven, you are in for a treat. They smell SO good, because of the garlic and cheese (what better combo??) and they will cut so tender and juicy. I could see my kids licking their lips before dinner. It’s also a wonderful meal for all of us to eat together, and for having company over.