This post was sponsored by Walmart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
It’s always before summer, of course, and is usually on a gorgeous May day. Maybe it’s your first day wearing sandals with a dress, or a shorter dress instead of a maxi. Maybe it’s a day with shorts and the windows down. It could be a Memorial Day party or the first crack of the baseball bat at the field across your house. Whatever it is, I LOVE it. I’m a July baby, and I became a mom in July, so I’m all about all things summer. I don’t even mind humidity if it means longer days of sun and fun.
About once or twice a week, we go to Walmart to shop for warm weather meals and party supplies. You’d be amazed at what you can do with anything strawberry, cake mix, and 7UP®. I’m excited to share my Strawberry Lemon Trifle recipe:
- 1 can 12 oz 7UP®
- 1 box 15.25 oz vanilla cake mix
- 2 boxes, 3.4 oz each, instant lemon pudding
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tub 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- 8-10 fresh strawberries, washed and tops removed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 13x9 baking pan, and then set aside
- 2. Mix soft drink and cake mix together in a bowl
- 3. Pour into prepared pan
- 4. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until center is set and edges are brown
- 5. Cool completely
- 6. Add pudding and milk in a bowl and whisk until smooth
- 7. Refrigerate at least five minutes
- 8. When cake is completely cooled, cut in half and cut each half into small pieces. Sometimes it's easier to just break the cake apart with your fingers
- 9. Place half of the cake into the bottom of the trifle bowl
- 10. Cover with half of the pudding and half of the whipped topping. Repeat layers
- 11. Slice strawberries into thin slices
- 12. Place on top of the whipped topping
- 13. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve
7UP products are made with the highest-quality ingredients. Whatever the flavor, you can be rest assured that your can is crisp, clean, and refreshing. When the days of summer are heating up, refresh yourself with an Original 7UP with its iconic lemon lime flavor! That’s why we grab a 12-pack at Walmart, and easy supplies for my trifle.
I’d love to hear how you celebrate summer! When we were kids, we had a large in-ground pool. My parents would have parties so big, that every square inch of lawn was covered by towels. There’d be people in the pool, people on the lawn, people on the front lawn playing games. My dad was a pioneer of the times and had large outdoor speakers so he could blast music to us. That’s why this giveaway is so awesome! You’d get a patio set, speakers, a grill, a cooler, and a gift card. And 25 winners will win gift cards to get some good stuff for summer! What would you get with your Walmart gift card?
Cooking and baking with 7UP is a delight! I can’t even tell you why it changes the texture and flavor of my trifle better than anything else can. This is a simple and fun recipe – easy to whip up for the family, or serve to summer guests!
Find out more about 7UP and Walmart, and how to upgrade your summer! And visit the Upgrade Your Summer website to enter the Backyard Makeover promotion here. And see below for prize details for your Backyard Makeover:
Eight (8) Grand Prize Packages: Each winner will receive the following:
One (1) Palm Springs Wicker Patio Set with four (4) Chairs.
One (1) Sonus Out Speakers.
One (1) Weber Genesis 11 E310 Grill.
One (1) Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler.
One (1) $300 Walmart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply).
Twenty-five (25) Second Prizes: Each winner to receive one (1) $25 Walmart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply).
7UP is a registered trademark of Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. ©2017 Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.