This is a recipe we made a lot in late 2017 for the holiday season. Every now and then I love to go back and find an old favorite recipe to make again. This one is genius! Shepherd’s Pie is always awesome for my meat and potatoes loving family, but to have it all mini and bite-sized and adorable? Yes. I like all foods in mini form. It’s the only way I’ll eat cupcakes for the most part.
- ½ lb. Ground Beef, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ -2 cups Mashed Potatoes, homemade or store bought
- 1 pkg. of 2 Pie Crusts
- 8-10 oz. bag of Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- ½ cup Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 Small Onion, chopped (I skip this one – onions are my kryptonite)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a skillet that you cooked the ground beef, add the flour, onion, and beef broth. Mix and heat for about 5 minutes
- Add the vegetables to the skillet and mix in well. Set aside
- Roll out the pie dough, and cut out 4 inch circles. You should get 14 rounds. Reroll the scraps to get a few extra.
- Place these rounds into a cupcake pan. Press each one down and press onto the sides of each cupcake tin. Bake these for about 5-6 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, and fill the pie crusts with the meat mixture about ¾ full. Add a dollop of mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees, and bake for 6-8 minutes more until heated through and the crust is golden brown.
And since I’m awesome like that, I’ll show a step by step on how to make these. Super easy. And that’s just what we need. Guys, I’ve had a DAY. Or maybe a week. We had a $462 heart ultrasound on Athena yesterday, and found out that she’s totally healthy. Our dishwasher broke so that was another expense. I was late getting photos to clients, but finally did and the clients were happy. We have a new dishwasher, Athena is happily at home, and I guess that’s that!
It’s definitely a crowd favorite around here. For Pi Day, I like to share a savory and a sweet pie recipe so stay tuned later today. I’ll be sharing a Whoopie Pie recipe that is the perfect dessert for St. Patrick’s Day! Oh, and one last story. Astro went back to daycare today! He had been out of commission for awhile because of his surgery, so he had to be re-evaluated. Apparently, he’s happy and playful and social, but occasionally barks out of turn! Sounds about right.
And that’s that! Feel free to share your victories of the week. It’s been a challenging several days but I know it’s getting better, and I’m still loving my new blog design SO VERY MUCH!