I will have a longer, more personal post tomorrow morning. Right now I really want this post to speak for itself. Can you say adorable? I know you can, but can you please associate it with the wonder of Pumpkin Patch Treats! What else to say except that my kids think this is even better than sliced bread, and they love sliced bread. And I have been meaning to write about these treats but September seems to be passing through like liquid and I absolutely have to share now that there’s still time. Make them for pumpkin picking day! Make them for Halloween! Or make them just for the weekend. You have earned it! Don’t pass go!
Pumpkin Patch Treats
1 pkg. Hostess Suzy Q’s
1 pkg. Chocolate Graham Crackers
One Container Vanilla Frosting
One Container Chocolate Frosting
1 pkg. Candy Pumpkins
8 Wood Craft Sticks
8 Round Wood Pieces (sold at craft stores)
Green Candy Shreds
- Crush one package of the graham crackers.
- Spread the chocolate frosting onto the Suzy Q cakes, and sprinkle a layer of the crushed grahams on top.
- Color the vanilla frosting green and put it in a plastic baggie. Place a few pumpkins on each cake and make some curly leaves/stems from the pumpkin to the dirt with the green frosting.
- Write the word pumpkins on each round wood piece and glue each one to a craft stick using a hot glue gun.
- Stick a sign into each cake.
- Sprinkle a little bit of the green candy shreds in a few spots to look like grass.
They are so easy to make, and such delightful fun. Thinking of a weekend trip to the Pumpkin Patch? Celebrate with Pumpkin Patch Treats. Having a Halloween party, or a fall harvest party? You guessed it. Pumpkin Patch Treats.
Janine Huldie says
Omg, these are adorable and perfect timing as we have to go pumpkin picking probably this weekend now here!!! 🙂
I forgot I had these on the blog! They are SO AMAZING.
Dr. J says
Those are beautiful, tasty looking treats, Tamara!
This part of the year is going by so fast 🙁 Probably because my birthday is about a month away in November.
November birthdays are probably pretty sweet in Florida!
I do not believe I have ever had a Suzy Q! Good gravy that needs to be fixed! These are super cute!
Yes, remedy that IMMEDIATELY, if you didn’t do it when I actually wrote this post 100 years ago..
How adorable! I want one!
Just one?? I could easily eat three.
I have to agree with you here!
These are so adorable! Love the Suzy Q’s! This will help me get my chocolate fix for sure – pinned!
Love this easy holidah idea! Pinned!