I’ll also be the first one to tell you that my kids still think that unicorns are real, along with Santa, the Easter Bunny, leprechauns, all Disney characters, and Des thinks that Star Wars is real life, but Scarlet is more inclined to tell you that it’s fiction. Maybe? Maybe. Hey, remember that time we threw a Star Wars party and wore these awesome
In fact, remember any party we ever threw ever? I do. Each one impressed me for a different reason – whether it was dedication to the party planning craft, costumes, appetizers, decorations, scenery, or the general awesome atmosphere.
Now that this fantastic photo montage is over, let’s discuss a party theme/recipe that can be used for any party, for anyone of any age – Unicorns. It’s a timeless classic, right? Real or not, unicorns are sort of taking over the world right now! That’s why I had to share this recipe for Unicorn Cheesecake Parfaits. You’ll notice that they’re gorgeous, first of all, but also – they taste great! ESPECIALLY, if you’re four or seven (or 36) and still believe in unicorns. Does that sound like anyone you know?
So while I’m at Scarlet’s choir concert this morning – speaking of unicorns and rainbows and magic – I hope you’ll be finding these ingredients and assembling them together to create the kind of magic you thought was only in Disney movies.
The cotton candy and the princess sprinkles make sure it looks fantastic! The other ingredients make sure it tastes fantastic. I seriously want a warm weather party RIGHT NOW so I can be extra proud of myself for pulling off something so awesome.
So tell me – are you a believer too?
- Jell-o no bake cheesecake
- Cotton candy
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Food coloring
- Princess sprinkles (from a craft store)
- Butter or butter spread
- 1. Use Jell-o on box directions to create crust mix and cheesecake filling
- 2. Divide cheesecake filling into 2 or 3 bowls
- 3. Use food coloring to create fun pastel colors
- 4. Start with a drop or two, you can always add more food coloring but you can’t remove any
- 5. Spoon crust mixture into bottom of glasses, mason jars etc.
- 6. Using a piping bag, layer the cheesecake filling on top of the crust mixture
- 7. Repeat with remaining cheesecake filling and crust mix
- 8. Sprinkle a small amount of crust mix on top of the parfait
- 9. Let parfait firm up in the refrigerator for one hour
- 10. Add cotton candy, whip cream if desired and princess sprinkles
- 11. You can stick the sprinkles to the cotton candy!
- 12. Enjoy immediately after adding cotton candy, otherwise it will melt and harden