– The way your morning bedhead looks:
– The way you started calling your rubber ducky “Baba” one day and then started calling everything you like “Baba.” This can range from toys to food to Stormy.
– The way you stick your tongue out of the side of your mouth when you’re concentrating:
– The way a slow smile of recognition creeps onto your face when you hear the opening whistles of “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. Then that slow smile becomes a full on grin and we both sing along to our favorite parts.
– The way you have fun in the bath:
– The way you kick your legs, wave your arms and squeal delightedly at the little things in life…like when we pick you up or when we’re bringing food to your highchair or when we bring you downstairs and you first see that we’re going to your new playroom.
– The way you’re always caught red-handed in front of Stormy’s water and food bowls when she’s not around…and how you usually dump the water bowl all over the floor (and almost dunked Daddy’s cell phone in there today):
– The way we ask you to say words when your mouth is full of banana and then we laugh hysterically every time you say a muffled “Nana!” or “Mama!” or “Dada!”
– The way you make clicking and lip smacking noises while you putter around the room or bath:
– The way you fake laugh loudly to get people’s attention, and then you grin and bat your eyes at them when they’re looking at you.
– The way you “help” us recycle:
– The way you find something small and choke-worthy on the floor and when I step towards you or come in from another room, even if I don’t know you have something small in your hand, you automatically hold out the small object to me. It’s so very Honest Abe of you.
– The way you love to ride on your new car:
– The way you get punchy, drunk and silly when you’re on the couch, no matter how tired you are. You twirl and giggle and stand up and fall back repeatedly.
– The way you shove two pieces of food in your mouth, one in each cheek. You’re an amazing eater and I should be alarmed at how fast and furious you eat, but it’s never been a problem:
– The way you say “uh oh!” every time you drop something to the floor, and how you often drop things on purpose just to say it again and again.
– The way you’re learning to walk so proudly and how you took five steps in a row today (without the hand you see here):
– The way you can’t take criticism. When I say “No” to you, you yell “No!” right back at me and shake your head furiously and slap your hands at the air.
– The way you wave to cars, whether you’re outside or watching from the front window:
– The way you call me “Mum.”
– The way you smile so big when you’re dancing in one of our arms:
– The way you make monster noises on command and how you grunt with exertion when you’re puttering around the house.
– The way you have two very cute front teeth:
– The way you beg for food like a dog, whining and kneeling on the floor in front of the eater.
– The way you get high on life constantly:
“Well you could have been anything that you wanted to,
I can tell…The way you do the things you do.”
Next up – the same themed blog about Cassidy!