It was hopelessly nerdy. But I do! I love this Garlic Olive Cheesy Bread. I love olives and I love garlic bread, so it stands to reason that I’d love this recipe. It’s a bold move for me, because quite frankly, my family of origin still thinks I hate garlic because of the one time I ate a garlic clove and broke out in a flush when I was 16. And when I was pregnant, I couldn’t stand the smell. I’m happy to have gotten over that because this recipe is gooey and delicious and makes the house smell heavenly.
I’m making this the day before Thanksgiving, but planning to make it fresh again tomorrow. The key was to get the right olives. I got Mezzetta Garlic Stuffed Olives, just to take that olive flavor to the brink. I went early in the morning before Thanksgiving, and luckily it wasn’t too crazy yet. This is a great recipe to make for holiday parties. Garlic bread fresh from the oven is a delightful appetizer or meal side and it can be wrapped in foil if you have to drive somewhere for a party.
Mezzetta has been family owned since 1935, and the fourth generation is now continuing the commitment to bringing their customers the highest quality of foods available. They source the finest fresh produce from the sun-drenched soils of California, Italy, Spain and Greece, and they prepare them according to their Italian family recipes at their state-of-the-art production facility in the Napa Valley. Having lived in northern California, now I just want to go back because these olives make me nostalgic for the quality of produce in the Napa Valley. It was honestly that good. The stuff of dreams.
This dish makes me remember the holiday parties of my youth – I never thought to put olives in my garlic bread until adulthood, but Scarlet and I really enjoyed turning on the oven light and watching the cheese turn all melty and golden brown:
- 1 loaf Italian Bread
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp finely minced garlic or garlic powder (like I did)
- 1/2 jar of Mezzetta Garlic-Stuffed Olives, drained and chopped
- 1½ cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together the softened butter and garlic powder until well combined.
- Slice Italian bread down the center, lengthwise. Spread butter mixture evenly over each half.
- Place olives evenly over the bread, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden. For us, it was 22 minutes!
• Grand Prize (1) – Instant Print Digital Camera plus a Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
Expires: December 31
Winners Chosen at Random
Winner will be notified and will receive prize within 2 weeks