This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CleanForTheHolidays #CollectiveBias
As you probably know, I grew up as one of five kids and a rowdy dog. We had a white house. It wasn’t white on the outside, but inside, everything in the main living areas was beige or cream or pure white. The only fortunate part of all of this was that the dog was pure white, so you couldn’t see her fur all over the carpet. Only her messes! Now that I’m older with a full house of my own, although not as full as the house I grew up in, I wonder how my parents took care of the carpets.
I wonder if it was a constant struggle, or if they eventually just threw up their hands and gave in to the stains and the wear and the tear. I wonder if they had the incredible products that we have here at home, for tiny kittens and messy meatballs.
With an excitable dog of our own, a new kitten who is capable of things we don’t even know yet, plus a three-year-old with a messy meatball love, we need incredible products to clean our house. We get very excited to welcome our family and friends over for holiday celebrations. And with our BISSELL Consumables, we’re able to better tackle those high-traffic and muddy boots-tracking areas, plus our pet spots and stains with utter confidence. How do we prepare our house for holiday gifts?
1. Decluttering is key! I’d even say this is a priority.
2. Child-proofing! We have younger nieces and nephews, and friends with little ones.
3. Food! It’s best to have favorites on hand, and some good communal choices. Also, pay attention to allergies/likes/dislikes.
4. Make it a cozy and personal! Have candles, mulling spices, hotel baskets of goodies, and a coffee station for early risers.
5. Clean those floors! We have kids and pets. We have kids and pets who visit. The floors get very messy. And like I said, most of our guest areas have carpeting. Don’t have carpeting in your house? No problem! The BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Carpet Cleaner can be used on soft surfaces that you or your family come in contact with every day, including pet areas and beds, carpet, stairs, area rugs, cushions, couches, upholstery, car seat upholstery, mattresses and others.
The new BISSELL ProHeat 2X REvolution frees up our busy holiday schedules with its Express Clean mode, leaving our carpets dazzling and dry within just one hour. It has a lightweight, maneuverable body that leaves our carpets looking party-ready, and takes no heavy lifting! It has two rotating power brushes and an antibacterial formula will ensure that we (and you) will enter 2016 with a clean slate and an open calendar! And that is just the way I like it for the New Year.
Scarlet lent me her My Little Pony blanket for this photo shoot. That is a blanket that the pets might pee on! The Pet Stain & Odor Remover removes pet stains and soils from the carpet with its patented odor-control technology. Contains Scotchgard.
Athena and Penny lent their shared (not on purpose) bed for this photo shoot. The Pet Urine Eliminator Formula is the best BISSELL pet machine formula for removing strong odors caused by urine. It contains Scotchgard.
Now you’re probably wondering where messy meatballs come into play here, right? Des LOVES meatballs! Even Scarlet likes them. And I have the most simple, delicious, messy, messily delicious, deliciously messy recipe for meatballs ever:
- 1 32oz bag frozen fully cooked meatballs - I used Earth's Best Mini Meatballs
- 1 18oz jar organic grape jelly - I used Crofter's Organic
- 1 18oz BBQ sauce - I used Annie's Naturals
- Combine both sauces in your crock-pot and stir until combined.
- Add meatballs and stir until they are coated with the sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Enjoy as an appetizer with toothpicks, or serve over spaghetti (or rice) for a main dish.
*Febreze is a trademark of P&G; with rights granted
*Scotchgard is a trademark of 3M; with rights granted