2014 hasn’t really started yet for me.
Or if it has, it’s the most fantastic year ever because we still haven’t gotten back to our generally normal routine. School was canceled for the rest of the week, which doesn’t matter because Scarlet doesn’t go to school on Thursdays or Fridays anyway, but we have four house guests and I haven’t left the house in two days. The celebrating and festive eating goes on. The snow is falling so prettily from the sky that we have to bundle up and take photos. At night, we watch new Sherlock or Doctor Who.
I have lost momentum in the holiday craziness. The traveling and the Christmas plays. The late nights and midnight kisses. The new and old friends. The feeling that I’m on a distant planet because there is no way to leave our driveway, much less our town, and I know you’re all out there and I’m giving you virtual waves. I have lost the rhythm of semi-regular photography, because that’s what you’re supposed to do during the holidays. I was still totally here, but my dreams were put on a two week break.
And now I’m getting back, and I’m thinking not about resolutions, but about ten goals I wish to achieve in 2014:
– Attend a blogging conference.
– See moose with my kid.
– Participate in another published book.
– Live it up in Disney World, and watch Scarlet’s eyes light up, many times over.
– Organize a few local blogging meet-ups. So many of you are in the northeast, and this can happen!
– Advertise. Market. Sell. I can do photography. I can’t sell myself well. I know that if I just kept taking those next steps, doors could open wider for me.
– Communicate my needs a heck of a lot better. I often need space and time. And many other things.
– Show my friends how much I love them. Cold weather hibernation and low funds, makes me shy away from the true expression in my heart. I need grander gestures. I also need more one-on-one time.
– Book the kind of photo shoots that scare the heck out of me. It’s worth it in the end.
– To have more experiences like this: This was a comment I left on Co-Pilot Mom’s blog today:
“We have house guests and they’ve been here since New Year’s. Today, on our first of two snow days, only two people in this house of eight even got out of their pajamas at all. Or bathed. We took a deep walk in the woods to a llama farm. We talked for hours. There was..The food. The TV. The inter-family snuggling. It’s glorious to have this in life.”
Did you achieve great things last year? Looking ahead, and looking back – I’m skipping around a lot this week. There’s a lot to mull over. And that’s why YEAR IN REVIEW is the theme of this week’s Ladies Only Blog Share Link Party. So link up your favorite post of last year, your New Year’s/recap/resolution post, your most popular post, or one you were particularly proud of.
My spectacular co-hosts:
Michelle from A Dish of Daily Life
Crystal from Mommifried
Angela from WriterMom’s Blog
Kristen from Four Hens and a Rooster
We are also re-welcoming a cherished guest host, Amber from “City Girl On Hicks Farm“.
We’d all love to connect with you outside of our LOBS Link Party…Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest, Instagram…wherever you’d like to connect! My buttons are all at the top of my blog. Write me a note letting me know that you are visiting from the Ladies Only Blog Share or #LOBS, either in the comments below or feel free to send me a tweet or leave me a note on Facebook! I will definitely respond and follow you back! And the rest of my co-hosts would be thrilled to meet you as well!
Now, let’s get started on the link party! Have fun and visit the links below. We ask that you try to visit at least three. Remember to leave a thoughtful comment on the new blogs you’ve discovered and let them know you’re visiting from the Ladies Only Blog Share Link Party! Feel free to pin your blog post to the Ladies Only Blog Share Pinterest board, too! In the URL field, place the link to your post. The name field should contain the title of your post.
Use the hashtag #LOBS when tweeting! Doesn’t it have a nice ring to it?
A few simple requests are…
** Follow and visit all of the hosts and co-hosts
** Link up your favorite post! Please try to stick to our weekly theme
** Please share this link party so others can join
** Visit at least three of the blogs on the link party
And now, party time: