As someone who has only ever had dogs, I have constantly been unaccustomed to, and utterly charmed, by loved one’s cats. After having some unsuccessful attempts to keep a cat as a family pet, I went with my daughter to a local animal shelter and fell in love with a kitten late last month. Her name is Juniper and she is cute and very much curious.
We are fast friends, and I’m learning all about having a kitten this tiny, as I’ve only known older kittens or cats. Two-month-old kittens are FEISTY! I had no idea how much.
Not only am I learning all of the ins and outs of cat personalities, even though they vary, but I’m also learning plenty about cat care. Junie is cleaner than I thought she would be at this young age, but I’m still learning how to keep my home clean and smelling great with the new addition to our family. Here’s what I’ve got so far: ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ MicroGuard™ Cat Litter.
1. Cat litter, of course. Experience the confidence of 7-day odor control – guaranteed – with
There was a small period of time in the beginning in which Juniper was still getting used to things and was having accidents outside the litter box, but now she’s using her litter box often. Thinking this must be because I was finally able to find a cat litter that helps to keep Juniper happy and our home clean & fresh – ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ MicroGuard™ Cat Litter.
When I found out about the ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ MicroGuard™ Cat Litter’s point of difference – preventing growth of bacterial odors – I knew that this was the cat litter I was going to buy for Junie.
Litter box odor is a sensitive subject in our house. While it’s hard to keep a house immaculate with dogs and a cat, we do try. Even after you scoop cat litter, bacterial odor can keep growing. New ARM & HAMMER MicroGuard™ technology seals and destroys immediate odor, and also prevents the growth of future bacterial odors for 7-day odor control, guaranteed. We can now stay stress-free when having guests over, knowing we don’t need to worry about our house smelling like the litter box.
Recently we went to Cape Cod for a long weekend and had a cat sitter come over to care for Juniper. When she came to my house to return the key she said that our home smells great and that it didn’t have cat litter smell. Of course I showed her exactly what we use. A clean cat is a happy cat, and a clean home makes us all happy.
2. Neutralize odor on your floors and carpets. For places outside the litter box, we use ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda to neutralize odor on our floors and carpets, especially in places in which the pets hang out the most. We have a steam cleaner we use for our carpets whenever we feel the need to freshen up the rooms. I love the feeling of my feet on the rug after it’s been cleaned!
3. Clean your pet gear. You can run pet dishes in the dishwasher or clean them with hot, soapy water. You sanitize their dishes the same way you do for human members of the family. Make sure your cat’s water bowl is always clean and filled with fresh drinking water. Wash your cat toys in the washing machine if possible, as well as bedding and pillows. Clean the furniture areas where the pets hang out regularly. We have our couches vacuumed weekly, and will wash kitten and dog blankets, beds, and toys periodically.
How do you keep your pet home smelling clean & fresh? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/12/2016- 12/31/2016