Having your adorable pet around makes your home and life happier and livelier. Regardless of how long or short the time you spent with your furry pal, nothing can match the happy memories and moments you shared with them. And for pet parents, losing them can be devastating.
For most people, pets are part of the family. And so, when the unfortunate time to say goodbye comes, it’s common to want nothing but the best to send them off and honor their memory. You can even hold a memorial service and have your pet’s paw prints eternalized through a memento.
And depending on your pet aftercare preference, you can choose to cremate or bury them. Cremating your pet is usually favored by pet parents since it’s more economical than burying. There’s also that option to have their remains returned to you.
To help you with the cremation and funeral services arrangement for your pet, here are some tips you can consider:
1. Get To Know The Company And Their Experience
As a pet owner, you’d want your pet to be handled with care and receive the best treatment even during their funeral. You’d also want to work with a trustworthy service provider that will handle all the necessary arrangements with genuine respect and care.
One of the best ways to determine if a service provider is reliable is by researching the company and its experience and credibility. To start, it’d be best to work with companies legalized by the government to conduct pet cremation and funeral services. This can give you peace of mind while you cope with your pet’s death.
Besides, they should also have vast experience doing cremation. Check if the company has all the requisite cremation facilities and equipment. Take your time and visit their facility to check if everything they’re advertising in their brochure is accurate. You can also check their website or social media pages to see what their previous clients say about their services. Consider it as a green flag if the feedback and reviews are positive.
2. Check The Services They’re Offering
As you get to know more about the cremation service provider you’re looking to work with, take the time to learn about the services they’re offering too. After all, not all pet cremation and funeral services offer similar services. Others even go the extra mile to provide special treatment to their clients and their pets, such as collecting your pet from your home and delivering their remains back to you.
You can check out Lawnswood Pet Cremation and other facilities and browse their websites to check the services and features they’re offering. A reliable service provider could also brief you on the different cremation options, which include:
- Communal cremation: Group cremation is your go-to affordable option if your primary concern is cost-saving. Many pets are placed together in a chamber and cremated together. Although, you may not be able to take your pet’s ashes home with this method since the provider you work with will take care of the disposal.
- Private or individual cremation: Through this method, your pet will be cremated solely and placed in the chamber alone. After the process, you can take your pet’s ashes back home and put them in a dignified section to remember them forever.
- Partitioned cremation: This method is more affordable than the private one; the only disadvantage is that there may be a chance your pet’s ash may mix up with the others due to their proximity. While pets are cremated in a group and separated from the rest through partitions, you never know what will happen during the process.
3. Assess Their Pricing Model
Generally, the fees and pricing related to pet cremation and funeral services vary from one provider to another. For instance, some pet cremation services charge depending on your pet’s weight. And in some cases, depending on the service provider, included in their fees is the transport cost it’ll take to remove your pet from your home or the vet’s office.
With that, before working with a pet crematorium and funeral services, ask for a detailed quote and ensure there are no hidden charges or any additional you have to pay. For example, is the urn, or are other mementos included in their service fee, or is it just the cremation process?
On the other hand, you could also take this time to ask for quotations from other service providers and assess what’s included in the package they’re offering to know which facility offers the best deal.
Losing your pet can be an emotionally difficult time for any pet owner. And considering how much love and joy you’ve shared, it’s understandable to want to give them the best until the end and honor their lives and memories. Finding the right pet crematorium and funeral services can enable you to do this. Moreover, you can be at peace knowing that your beloved furry pal gets the farewell they deserve.