Originally I had planned to do a Wordless Wednesday post, as I continue to dig up and edit photos from 3-4 months ago, because that’s how bad it’s become. That’s how in over my head I’ve gotten with the whole living, parenting, photography, pets thing! That alone would have been my post. However, I decided to check out what Rabia and Lisa had going on for this week’s Tuesday Ten list because that’s always worth a look. What luck! It’s National Hammock Day, so we’re focusing on our best ways to relax.
I think I’m bad at relaxing! I would go for these hot baths with Cassidy at spas in Calistoga, California and once the attendant would leave the room, I’d put cold water in my bath. I struggle with hot tubs and saunas too! I guess I’m ok at laying on tubes in the water. Maybe I don’t do it with as much pizazz as Scarlet does, though! There were grabby crabs in the water! I saw ’em!
1. Crossword puzzles. Many, many crossword puzzles. That’s my version of a stiff drink at the end of a long day.
2. I watch bad TV. Actually I can’t even call it that. It’s not bad. It’s ABC Family, though, and it’s light & fluffy.
3. I like to listen to my favorite songs in my car, and I like to listen to them LOUDLY. And maybe thrash around a bit.
4. I like to read books at the dinner table. And the breakfast table. And the lunch table. And when I’m not eating too!
5. Oh, wait. My mom reads this blog. I’ll keep #5 to myself!
6. My kids. They can also cause the opposite of relaxation, but we can always love and find joy together. And that’s a big one.
7. Occasionally I will draw someone I love very near to my heart. It’s hard to admit such weakness, but it helps so very much. This can be in person, by phone or by email or even blog. Writing. Connecting. That works really well for me.
8. Good sleep, enough water, good food, and occasionally spraying an herbal anti-anxiety spray into my mouth!
9. You can call it weird, or slightly OCD but I love to count sometimes, like if I’m on a plane and we’re taking off and landing. I like to count to 100 and see what has happened since I started. I also like to stare at my hands, reach for someone else’s hands, stare at the sky, or stare at a sunset. Grounding things are good things. They pull you in and soothe your soul.
10. Editing photos, of course! And now it’s photo bomb time, from where we left off from last week. Children’s portraits: