I thought I’d have more to say, but after three busy jobs, two loud kids, and staying up WAY too late last night after Cassidy’s company holiday party (with only a cranberry/pineapple mocktail under my belt), I’m just DONE. DONE.
It’s probably good DONE, but it’s a DONE. The only prescription now is long bubble baths, Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies, and a weekend without working too much. I can’t wait to take actual time off. I’m not quite there yet, though.
Hot Cocoa Cupcakes
- 6 Chocolate Cupcakes, prepared and unfrosted
- 1 Can Vanilla Marshmallow Frosting
- ½ cup Mini Marshmallows
- ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 8 Mini Candy Canes
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Use a piping bag and tip to put a swirl of frosting in the middle of each cupcake to resemble whipped cream on the top of hot cocoa. You can put a dollop with a spoon if you don’t have a piping bag. Just make sure to leave the edges of chocolate cake showing.
- Sprinkle on some chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Take 2 of the candy canes and crush them into fine pieces. Take the other 6 candy canes and cut off about 2 inches of the straight end, so you have the entire rounded part left (Scissors work great when cutting the candy canes).
- Sprinkle a little of the crushed candy canes or Christmas sprinkles on top of the frosting.
- For the cup handle, hang one of the candy cane pieces onto the side of each cupcake. Press one end to the candy into the top of the cupcake on the edge and let it hang down on the side of the cake liner.
- These cute little “cups of hot cocoa” are a great fun holiday treat!