At the beginning of the year, no one expected their travel plans to go out of the window. For all the flights and hotels booked, people have had to cancel their plans, rearrange their bookings and break the bad news to their kids that vacations have been canceled. It’s unfortunate, but given the state of the world in a pandemic, it’s the right thing to do. However, some private jet charters never closed business, so you can still save your vacations.
Here’s the thing: just because your plans this year are canceled, it doesn’t mean you can’t rebook them all for next year. You can speak to an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner and get your Florida plans back up and running in no time at all. You can even make sure that you plan the vacation of a lifetime for the kids. Traveling with kids – especially after a pandemic – is hard enough, so you need to make sure that you all have the stress-free vacation that you’re hoping for. With that in mind, here are six helpful tips for traveling with children.
Six Helpful Tips For Traveling With Kids
- Use as many packing cubes as necessary to have organization in your suitcases. Packing cubes save your space and you can get so much more into your cases when you use up the space in these. Traveling with kids is not light work, so invest wisely!
- Children are so much happier when they travel when they have snacks to hand. Keep them flowing throughout your trip and keep them healthy if you can. Veggie sticks and straws are great for the car as well as day to day on your vacation.
- Where possible take as many breaks as you need. Flying is long if you’re going far abroad, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t stop for a moment and take a breath if you need to. Schedule breaks if you’re on a road trip and during a flight, get up and move. Don’t be stuck in the same position for hours on end!
- Children get bored quickly but if you pack activity bags you can make sure that they’re occupied for the time you;re traveling. They don’t have to be expensive either, as you can make them from dollar store stuff!
- For the littlest ones in the car, a white noise machine won’t go amiss. Remember the rules of stopping during long drives, but a white noise machine can really help whether the kids are in the car or in the same room as you in the hotel.
- If you’re driving, a toddler pack and play could be perfect for those stops and give you some much needed freedom in a hotel. However, these are usually pretty bulky. So, a toddler bed that inflates could do the job that you need when you need it! A toddler or baby bed is essential so if you are booking a vacation in a hotel, make sure that you have a bed for the baby and save yourself the hassle of bedsharing.
Vacations may be postponed for now, but once you get going you’ll be able to travel in style with the kids in tow!