This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReinventSweet #CollectiveBias
Sometimes we’d go our separate ways – into the smoky air, and roaming the streets of Mooney Mountain. Sometimes we’d go altogether, or as two and two, and my poor little sister with parents or grandparents. Sometimes we’d have fevers or colds and thick parkas over our costumes, and sometimes it would be warm enough to wear a Snow White dress with no jacket.
No matter when the night started, or how, and no matter how it went, we’d all five arrive back at home by Halloween “curfew”. Then we’d all gather in my bedroom, the largest and the most private, and we’d dump out our pillowcases of candy to have the biggest candy trade known to Mooney Mountain. It was fierce and fun, and often lasted an hour. Some siblings wanted the non-chocolate, and some wanted the peanut butter cups. It varied by ages and stages, but I can tell you that the rare gem of a BUTTERFINGER® would often be placed back into the pillowcase in a powerful message of, “NO TRADES.”
In the last few months, I have grown obsessed with BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Minis. I love candy in layers. I see them at Walmart often, so for the weekend I decided it was time to create a recipe for Halloween with them.
As you can probably tell, we have Halloween festivities on the brain. We’ll be doing downtown trick-or-treating for a couple of hours, then an outdoor birthday party, then a parade, and then neighborhood trick-or-treating. I’m actually tired just thinking about it, but also excited because I have the perfect snack/dessert to bring. I have always loved the classic five layer magic bar recipe – using graham cracker crumbs, butter, sweetened condensed milk and whatever toppings you want – but I decided they needed a little extra kick with BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Minis and assorted candy corn.
Whether you’re hosting a party, attending one, trick-or-treating or heading out to a special function – anywhere you need a sweet treat to bring – BUTTERFINGER® is the perfect Halloween solution for recipes and candy dishes.
Layer bars are very versatile, and most flavor combinations go well together with sweets, so I was confident that the peanut butter cup minis would be really good as a layer in the magic bars. I added the candy corn for a festive flair, and because both of my kids love candy corn. For me personally, the peanut butter cup minis were the star of the show. They added a really special element of flavor to the final result, with just enough crunch. I loved the consistency.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Minis
- 1 cup assorted candy corn mix
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and stir. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Minis, chocolate chips and coconut on top. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the mixture and bake for 25 minutes. Pull cookie bars out five minutes early and sprinkle with candy corn mixture. Put back into the oven for five minutes. Then cool completely and cut into bars.