Halloween 2020: Get Inspired & Sell your Crafts on Instagram:
As the scariest night of the year is getting closer, and the shopping carts are getting fuller, businesses big and small are figuring out the best ways to get their sales to the next level.
Thanks to Instagram, you don’t have to be a big business to profit from the 2020 Halloween. Your DIY crafts can get a ton of love from the Instagram crowd with the right strategy.
And, as the year has already brought so much uncertainty and fear, Halloween 2020 will be particularly widely celebrated as everyone could use a little comedic break from the weirdest year so far.
If you are looking to break into the Instagram market as an independent craft maker this Halloween, we’ve got just the strategy to help you. From the best instagram growth tips to Halloween marketing ideas and Instagram hacks to make your pumpkins, candy bags, and spooky backdrops sell like crazy this trick and treating season.
Set the groundwork
Although it sounds obvious, you’d be surprised how many small entrepreneurs are jumping into selling on Insta without preparing the basics.
And by basics, we mean switching to a business profile. You can find the setting button at the top right corner of your profile. Tap it and scroll down to “Switch to business profile.” Simple as that.
Some of the most useful perks of switching to a business profile include:
- Instagram insights – Track and analyze a ton of data on your followers. Allows for more informed content and promotion decisions.
- CTA – Add the contact info for a more seamless customer experience.
- More links – aside from the link in bio, Instagram allows business profiles to add links to their IG Stories, which boosts their marketing and sales efforts.
- Facebook syncing – Enables running campaign-specific ads through Ads Manager.
Set up Instagram shopping
Next up, make sure you’re providing your customers with the most seamless shopping experience. Thanks to the Instagram shopping feature, you can now sell directly from your Instagram posts.
The shoppable Instagram posts incorporate product price and description tags and allow customers to get from the post to the shop in one click. Here is the in-depth guide on how to set it up.
Give your products the spotlight they deserve
Let’s face it, Instagram and social media, in general, are all about the looks of things. And the same can be said of Halloween crafts. Therefore, one of your primary objectives has to do with showing your products in the best possible light.
- Eye-popping images – Perfect product images, quality editing, and coolest filters to make your product posts truly scroll-stopping.
- Convert with creative captions – Halloween provides unlimited opportunities to go the extra mile with your captions. From funny, music-inspired, to movie quotes and spooky puns, you can really capitalize on the holiday spirit and use your wit to convert even the most skeptical of customers.
- Strategic hashtags – Improve your discoverability with strategic Halloween hashtags. Aside from the coolest and most popular ones like #halloween2020, #spooktacular, #WitchBetterHaveMyCandy, and #CreepingItReal, add some niche-specific ones in the mix. Things like #halloweencostumediy, #halloweencrafts🎃, #halloweendecorforsale to get through to the targeted audience faster.
Work with Influencers
Influencer marketing is a sure way to get a ton of engagement and ultimately boost sales with minimum investment. Generally, consumers trust more the recommendation of regular folks than any super-curated ad.
What’s more, with the micro and nano influencers, you can get amazing results for a fraction of the price you would spend on promotion otherwise.
Be sure to collaborate with niche influencers with an active and dedicated following to reach your objectives.
These collaborations can include sponsored posts or Stories, giveaway promotions, contests, a shoutout, or a takeover of your Instagram account.