This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AuthenticSalsaStyle #CollectiveBias
I do! What do you think of tacos? I think highly of tacos. Sometimes it’s a matter of throwing things together over the stove, in the oven, or even in the microwave. Although when company is coming over for a summer barbecue, sometimes you have to take tacos to the next level! About a month or so ago, Cassidy discovered some incredible local corn tortillas and decided to brush them with olive oil and grill them before turning them into tacos! The result was delicious for all of us, unsurprisingly.
When you think of outdoor entertaining and grilling, and how to prepare your shopping lists, menus, and backyards for a get together or barbecue, what do you think of most? I think of fresh and crisp foods. I think of avocado. And I think of salsa.
HERDEZ® Salsa Casera is fresh, delicious, and centered around delicious flavors. It’s perfect for enjoying time with your family and friends. When it’s a party in the summer, or even a gathering for Game Day in the fall, we love salsa.
As much as I do love dipping chips into salsa, I love it as a key ingredient in our grilled corn tacos. The taste is fresh and tart – and ties all of the beef, cheese, and vegetable tastes all together. I personally spoon about four or five tablespoons per one taco. That way you get the great taste, as well as the other tastes in the mix. Then use sour cream or more shredded cheese as a topping and dig in! We buy our HERDEZ® Salsa Casera at Walmart as well as our ribeye steaks. One stop shopping.
The other night, my father-in-law and brother-in-law were due over for dinner and we had spent our day sweating at a local theme park in New Hampshire, while my husband was at work. Needless to say, we needed to get something good on the table, and fast, for a nice outdoor dinner we could have while watching the kids play in the yard. First we took the corn tortillas, brushed them with olive oil, and grilled them into perfect hard tacos – ready for their tasty toppings.
Now it’s recipe time!
- Your favorite homemade or store-bought corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- Grilled ribeye steak - chopped up
- 1 bottle HERDEZ® Salsa Casera
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Fresh tomatoes - diced
- Shredded lettuce
- Refried beans
- Hot sauce
- Grill your ribeye or other beef of choice until finished
- Brush the corn tortillas with olive oil and grill at 400 for 2-3 minutes each side until crispy
- Pile with desired toppings
- Set corn tortilla back on grill until cheese melts
Our favorite tips for hosting an outdoor get-together:
1. Pay attention to the weather – and have a backup plan for sure!
2. Keep your guests comfortable with plenty of food, water, shade, bug spray, and sunscreen.
3. Have plenty of seats.
4. Make sure the lighting and music are planned!
5. Lastly, be creative! Have games, pools, balls, and plenty of ways to entertain the kids, and the adults!