That’s me. Not that I’m a little kid or a man, but I don’t like tight things around my neck. I have a tendency to have throat-centric problems when I’m nervous. My mom and other spiritual people would probably conjure up (potentially true) stories for me of throat chakras and heart chakras and breathing exercises galore. They might also tell me I drowned or was strangled in a past life. Lovely, right? It could have been merely because I choked on a piece of Corn Bran when I was a toddler. (does anyone remember Corn Bran??) My father saved me, or maybe I saved myself. I like to believe it was my father, and that’s just one of the many more reasons I miss him so much, and that I get so nervous sometimes. Who’s going to rescue me from Corn Bran?
– Things like laughter, which becomes tear-filled from this video. It’s never not funny. It’s probably not safe for work, though:
– Then there’s reading to Des, who likes truck and car books very much. He always likes to look for the buses in his books.
– Kittens, and the way Dinah is so cute and will dive bomb off the couch, catching her sister by surprise. And the way Bella will put her paws around my neck and crawl into my cascade of hair, purring. In fact, she’s that way right now as I type this.
– Scarlet’s insane logic. The way she puts together stories and theories about science and animals, and love and life in general. I love to hear her talk about hearts and thoughts. And that leads me, as most things lead me, to this song and its words.
– The other night, I fell asleep spooning Athena. When I woke up hours later, we were still in the same spooning position!
– I’m a sucker for these three.
– Did you ever see those billboards on 84 in Connecticut for Rein’s NY Style deli? I had one of their peanut butter cups the other day. It’s in my top peanut butter cup experiences, although Cassidy wasn’t impressed with the chocolate to peanut butter ratio.
– Lastly, there’s being with family, taking photos of family, and editing photos of family. Some from my niece’s photo session: