This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KYTrySomethingNew #CollectiveBias
It’s my ability to seek and cultivate wonder, fun and a sense of humor too. In truth, it’s something I love about him too. I remember when we first met and would follow all of our whims. We’d go on dates, sleep in the next morning, have great brunches, and then explore the world. I remember so well chasing after him on a San Francisco pier – because he had bought a fresh pint of juicy strawberries at the farmers market and was making me chase him for them. That was such a happy time – that dating time. Ours was odd because we lived 3,000 miles away from each other, but it was a dating period just the same.
I always thought I would be exempt from marital ruts but sometimes they happen, and even worse happens. We have busy lives and miscommunications and conversations about who needs to buy toilet paper and if the summer camp bill was paid. It’s not always the gushing and romantic and musical backdrop of when you meet, date, and fall in love with one another.
So, why not date? Date your significant other, as if it’s new and as if you’re just met. Date yourself new again. With fall coming, the options are endless and fun. My ideas take on a bit of a playful motif, but that’s because of who we are at heart, and what we love about each other most. You have to make your own schedule based on your own interests, needs and resources. You can stay home or go out. Do you need a babysitter? If you can get a sitter only in the afternoons, or only at night, or if you can’t get one at all – factor these needs in. If you have a lot of money, or if you don’t, and if you have a lot of time, or if you don’t, my list for fun fall date ideas covers all of your bases, and can get you to a more intimate place!
I want to be more connected to my husband because it’s awesome and life-affirming, because it’s better for the kids and for us, and quite frankly – because it gives me a stomachache when we’re not connected, or nowhere even close.
Sometimes getting more connected in the bedroom can help in other ways too. K-Y® is a brand that is about passion and real life romance, because real life romance can sometimes need a boost. I found K-Y® LOVE Sensuality Pleasure Gel at my local Walmart.
It certainly can give something to look forward for your upcoming fall dates. It’s important to re-ignite the passion in your bedroom and enhance intimacy in your relationship. K-Y® LOVE Sensuality Pleasure Gel and K-Y® LOVE Passion Pleasure Gel can help inspire couples to nurture the passion in their relationship.
– Go apple picking! It’s so much fun to bite into some delicious apples and make a date of picking out the best apples you can find. Bonus, if you go home and make a pie together! Cassidy and I rarely bake together, but it goes well when we do.
– Make a romantic, small bonfire in your yard (we have a fire pit) or at a nearby park or beach. Bring a bunch of ingredients to make s’mores and elevate them with peanut butter cups, salted caramels, M&Ms and more!
– Find a completely new restaurant to you both, and ask to see the specials menu. Order some seasonal delights and enjoy.
– Make a pumpkin dip together! I usually Google and look through recipes that appeal to me. It’s a perfect treat to dip cookies, crackers or fruit into while watching a movie.
– Make cookies, brownies, cupcakes, apple cider floats, pumpkin stew or any other seasonal delights.
– Have a Thermos picnic on a chilly evening with soup and/or hot chocolate.
– I crave soup all fall and winter (and spring and summer) long. Learn how to make both of your favorite soups from scratch and make them together.
– Before it gets too cold and snowy, get a lot of use out of your grill!
– Rake a big pile of leaves and play in them. You’re never too old for that!
– Have a Fall Photoshoot – this is where leaves can really come in handy. Set the camera timer, throw leaves at each other, snap some photos and enjoy! Bonus is that you may get good ideas for holiday cards.
– Go to the pumpkin patch, pick out your pumpkins, and then come home to carve them together and roast the seeds.
– Decorate pumpkins! We generally do this with our kids, but it might be fun to do it together to make a fun fall centerpiece for our table or porch.
– Go to a corn maze or on a non-haunted hayride during the day!
– Plan a date to a haunted house or to go to a haunted hayride! Make sure you check with them first, in case your partner scares easily.
– Go Halloween costume shopping together. Make a night of it!
– Watch a scary movie together. Pop some popcorn on the stove and settle in.
– Have a night watching Halloween-type movies – Ghostbusters, Hocus Pocus, even Harry Potter!
– Head to the Halloween store (you know your town has one) and pick out sexy costumes for each other.. to wear in the bedroom later.
– Go on a fall foliage drive. This is big where we live! Bring along a great playlist and some hot chocolate.
– Go to a Fall festival or fair. Our county fair is often in the fall, as well as our state fair.
– Go on a sunrise or sunset date.
– Go out stargazing. Bring a blanket, spread it out, and enjoy.
– Discover a new town together for a spontaneous date. Maybe find a place for a meal or treat!
– Go zip-lining through Autumn leaves!
– Tour a local brewery or winery and have fun sampling all the seasonal drinks.
– Go on the same walk once a week in October and watch the leaves change from day to day.
– Plan a long bike ride together to see scenery. Rent bikes if you don’t have them!
– Where we live, it’s pretty mountainous Find a ski area that turns the chair lifts on to see fall foliage.
– Redo your bedroom together – with DIY projects, decorations or repairs. Wash your sheets, and maybe even snuggle under the covers too.
– Make a cozy fort for two..
– Go to a quiet bookstore together.
– Have a spa night – filled with romance, relaxation and DIY spa recipes. Just Google them!
– Spend a whole morning in bed together, with newspapers, books and breakfast.
– Make your own fall decorations from stuff you’ve picked up from romantic autumn walks together.
– Have a game night with festive foods.
– Don’t forget the K-Y® LOVE Sensuality Pleasure Gel or K-Y® LOVE Passion Pleasure Gel at Walmart. It’s a whole product line dedicated to something fun and healthy. Try out all of their products in one weekend, or one night…