Forget everything I said on my last post…mostly. About the November Blues. I was overreacting to a cold.
Today is a day of cold November Rain, and not the good Guns N’ Roses kind, but the chilling, late fall kind that makes you homebound and clinging to your fireplace by 4:00pm. ‘Cause 4:00pm looks quite like 7:00pm should, when it’s cold November Rain. ‘Cause nothing’ lasts forever, even cold November Rain. ‘Cause sometimes it really sucks, in the cold November Rain.
“So never mind the darkness
We still can find a way
‘Cause nothin’ lasts forever
Even cold November rain” — Guns N’ Roses
Scarlet and I compiled a list of things to love in November. Much to my surprise, there are plenty of things to love about November and I think I realize that (nearly) every year. There’s a November Zone, and I find myself wildly participatory in it.
– The fact that leaves are still falling, and foliage is somewhat muted, but still golden, amber, red and even green.
– You usually see your first snowflakes in November, even if they’re just flurries.
– Thanksgiving is pretty cool. — Scarlet
– Some people put up their Christmas lights very early, and it’s fun to drive around and shout, “Lights!” when you see them.
– When the pellet stove is blaring, fresh popcorn is being (home)made on the stove, and you can see the ridiculously tall pine trees reflected by the moon out the window. Oh, those ski lodge nights. There is a lot to love.
– There are a wicked number of babies born in November. What makes February so special anyway? Oh. Right. Valentine’s Day.
Babies, babies everywhere. For this week’s Ladies Only Blog Share Link Party, we are paying homage to everything baby in honor of baby Luca – born to our fearless leader Crystal of Mommifried. Whether you have a baby, or a special niece, nephew, or friend, or whether you ever were a baby (so I guess this means everyone), link up your posts about anything or everything baby.
There is never too much baby, right?
With my spectacular co-hosts:
Michelle from A Dish of Daily Life
Crystal from Mommifried
Angela from WriterMom’s Blog
Kristen from Four Hens and a Rooster
We are also re-welcoming a cherished guest host, Amber from “City Girl On Hicks Farm“.
We’d all love to connect with you outside of our LOBS Link Party…Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest, Instagram…wherever you’d like to connect! My buttons are all at the top of my blog. Write me a note letting me know that you are visiting from the Ladies Only Blog Share or #LOBS, either in the comments below or feel free to send me a tweet or leave me a note on Facebook! I will definitely respond and follow you back! And the rest of my co-hosts would be thrilled to meet you as well!
Now, let’s get started on the link party! Have fun and visit the links below. We ask that you try to visit at least three. Remember to leave a thoughtful comment on the new blogs you’ve discovered and let them know you’re visiting from the Ladies Only Blog Share Link Party! Feel free to pin your blog post to the Ladies Only Blog Share Pinterest board, too! In the URL field, place the link to your post. The name field should contain the title of your post.
Use the hashtag #LOBS when tweeting! Doesn’t it have a nice ring to it?
A few simple requests are…
** Follow and visit all of the hosts and co-hosts
** Link up your favorite post! Please try to stick to our weekly theme
** Please share this link party so others can join
** Visit at least three of the blogs on the link party
And now, party time: