I have to be honest again – this was not what I meant to post today but with Des home from camp with a fever, and with Astro having enrolled in a morning puppy socialization class/daycare, I’m just pretty wiped. And I can’t put the finishing touches on another post, so this is what you get today! I thought I’d post it closer to Labor Day, but life happened. Consider yourself given extra time to make this magic happen. And what’s not to love? Mini dessert burgers! Cheeseburger dessert or even hamburger dessert. Magic! They’re perfect for upcoming barbecues and holiday weekends. They’re perfect for life.
Dessert Mini Cheeseburgers
10 prepared mini white cupcakes
1 can of vanilla frosting
Small pan of prepared brownies
1 can of red frosting
1 cup of shredded coconut
10 orange tootsie rolls
Food coloring, yellow and green
- Cut 10 round circles out of the pan of brownies – about 1 ½ inch diameter for the hamburger patty.
- Color the white frosting yellow for the mustard, and color the coconut green for the lettuce.
- Flatten out the tootsie rolls and cut a square out of each one to look like cheese.
- Slice the cupcakes in half like a bun, slightly dampen the tops with water, and sprinkle the sesame seeds on.
- Place a brownie round on the bottom cupcake bun, then top with a piece of the tootsie roll cheese.
- Now put on the red frosting ketchup, the yellow frosting mustard, and the green coconut lettuce.
- Place the bun on top.
- Optional: Poke a fancy toothpick through the bun.
- Cute and fun for parties!