I think you all know about my obsession with cookies of all kinds. With these, personally I would make chewy sugar cookies from scratch but you don’t even have to do that! All I can say is that they fit the summer theme like a baseball in a soft, leathered glove, or a heaping cup of rainbow-sprinkled cookie dough ice cream within the palm of my hand. Just like that.
I can’t begin to describe having had the first full week of summer vacation under our belts, because A. none of us wears a belt although we probably should and, B. it hasn’t even been a full week! It’s only been three days! And juggling work with kids at home, is like juggling humidity with thick hair. Somehow it all works out, and is only slightly a voluminous mess of tall proportions. We’ve had incredible adventures and one adventure so good I’ll need a whole post to tell you about it.
First, we have this:
- 1 pkg. Sugar Cookies
- 1 Container White Frosting
- 1 pkg. Gummy Bears
- 1 pkg. Whoppers Candy
- 1 pkg. Tootsie Rolls
- 1 pkg. Mini Pretzel Sticks
- Mini Marshmallows
- Green Food Coloring
- Lighter (optional)
- 1. Mix green food coloring into the white frosting and frost the cookies.
- 2. Using a sharp knife, cut knife marks lengthwise into the tootsie rolls so they resemble logs.
- 3. Cut the gummy bears into 3 pieces and dice the whoppers into small pieces.
- 4. Sprinkle some whopper pieces onto the middle of the cookies.
- 5. Take 3 tootsie rolls and lay around the whopper pieces in the shape of a triangle.
- 6. Place some of the gummy bear pieces inside the triangle of tootsie rolls to resemble fire flames.
- 7. Poke a pretzel stick into a marshmallow but not through it. It will look like a roasting marshmallow on a stick. Repeat this for as many as you need.
- 8. Place 3 of the marshmallow sticks on each cookie in a pyramid shape over the campfire, making sure the marshmallow touch at the top.
- 9. An optional step: Take a lighter and run it over the marshmallows to give them a toasted look.
- 10. Super cute and fun treat for summer parties!
And then if you don’t come here for the cookies, although frankly I couldn’t see why not (?) and you are actually interested in what I have to say (like my mom), I’m doing a “quick” 26 question survey. Feel free to steal it for your blog or Facebook. I say “quick” because I don’t write anything you can read quickly – at least not easily. So maybe you come for the cookies AND my weird words. Whatever it is, I’ve got you covered here. Campfire Cookies AND 26 candid answers to 26 candid questions.
What more could you want today?
I was supposed to write this post last night, but I was too busy reading “A Man Called Ove” and “But Did You Die”, AND sending flirty texts to Cassidy from within the same house, so I wrote it today. I’m glad! My mood is extra zany today.
1. Do you make your bed? Sort of? I like to at least pull the comforter up to the pillows.
2. The first car that was officially yours? An ancient Toyota Tercel! It exploded on Route 287 in New Jersey. Good times.
3. How old were you when you left your parents house? 18, and then 23, and then 26 for reals.
4. Three grocery items you don’t run out of? Milk, butter, apples.
5. When did you start doing your own laundry? 13. When you’re one of five, your parents eventually tell you to go screw.
They said it nicer than that, though!
6. If you could, would you go to High School again? For a day, sure. A week? I actually loved it. And I loved that feeling of believing so heavily in myself and in magic and in the goodness of the world. I had spectacular friends as well.
7. Can you parallel park in under three moves? I could, and did for my driving test, but I haven’t had to practice much.
8. A job you had which people would be shocked to know you had? Urban Innkeeper. Pizza Girl. I feel like you all know most of these already. How about Office Manager for a Dating Website run by a psychopath?
9. Do you think aliens are real? How can you not?
10. Can you drive a stick shift? I tried learning once and it didn’t go well! I was a kid, though.
If 19 is considered a kid?
11. Guilty TV pleasure? Switched at Birth. Hallmark movies even though I can only get through a handful of them.
12. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? In the winter, I say I’d rather be too warm. In the summer, I say too cold. Being cold SUCKS, but at least you don’t have that feeling like you can’t breathe. And you don’t sweat.
13. If the world ends do you want to be one of the survivors? That depends on the other survivors. I would think, yes.
14. Sweet or Salty? Sweet and THEN salty.
15. Do you enjoy soaking in a nice bath? I do! I don’t like it too hot, though.
This is one of my favorite things on earth.
16. Do you consider yourself strong? I think I surprise myself sometimes. I’ll give it a nod.
17. Something people do, physically, that drives you crazy? WHY ARE PEOPLE SO SLOW AT EVERYTHING?
18. Something you do, physically, that you are sure drives people insane? I can turn my ankles backwards. It’s gross.
19. Do you have any birthmarks? Yes, I have one on the small of my back.
20. Favorite childhood game? Obviously Electronic Talking Battleship! Sheesh. Or S.P.U.D.
I would love to hear yours!
21. Do you talk to yourself? Yes, but with a dog, a cat, and 11 chickens around, the actual self-talking gets drowned out!
22. Do you like doing jig-saw puzzles? On rare occasion, yes.
23. Would you go on a reality show? Never, unless it was about searching for moose in the wilderness. Then, I’m your girl.
24. Tea or coffee? Coffee times a million.
25. First thing you remember wanting to be when you grew up? A garbage woman or Hollywood starlet.
Or a maker of campfire cookies, of course!
26. No matter how much money you have or don’t have, what are you an absolute snob about? Ice cream, darnit!