If you said breakfast or even brunch, you are right! The thing is, I love it so much that it has to be the first thing I put in my stomach. Even if I go to the dentist in the morning and then have a numb mouth and then get busy, and then not even eat my first meal until 3:00pm. Even THEN, it has to be breakfast foods. Absolutely nothing else will do. You have to start right.
One of the things I love about the holiday season is the entertaining, and being entertained. Whether you’re having guests over, or staying at home in your pajamas on a weekend, sliders are always a good idea. Bite-sized sweet and savory pockets of awesome. Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties remind of my youth. I remember having sausage, egg and cheese sandwiches with my dad. Sometimes it was for breakfast and sometimes it was for an awesome snack. Jimmy Dean® has fully cooked sausage products and they are perfect for the coming season. For breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner:
- 8 Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties
- 1 package Pancake Mix
- 8 Eggs
- Maple Syrup
- Thinly sliced cheddar, cut with a 3-inch biscuit cutter
- 1. Prepare pancakes per package directions - you will need 16 pancakes approximately 3 inches round
- 2. Whisk 4 eggs in a small bowl and pour into a medium-sized skillet about 1/2 inch thick
- 3. Fry over medium heat until cooked through and repeat for the second 4 eggs
- 4. Use a 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut out egg rounds
- 5. Cook your sausage patties
- 6. Layer your sliders as follows: 1 pancake, 1 sausage patty, 1 piece of cheese, 1 egg, and then another pancake
- 7. Repeat these steps until you have 8 sliders.
Top them with maple syrup for the ultimate experience!
I love when they’re drizzled with Massachusetts maple syrup. SO good. This is a great party dish and also a guest-friendly one if you want to have other hands helping you assemble your sliders. Don’t forget to use toothpicks to hold them together!
And really, don’t feel you have to limit this dish to breakfast. I can’t think of any occasions that wouldn’t be made better with sausage sliders. The best part about using Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Sausage is that it saves time, so you can be doing what you really want to be doing – which is entertaining, being entertained, or hanging with loved ones.
You have to check out this selection of Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Sausage at Walmart. I absolutely love the sausage patties for a quick breakfast during the week, but there’s nothing like dressing them up for a weekend thing.
So no matter your event, I can all but assure you that this dish will be a hit. Try out these sliders, drizzle them with maple syrup, and tell me how much you love them! They are SO perfect for holiday entertaining and weekends in the fall and winter.