And I can’t stop thinking about the beach. It’s been awhile. I can’t wait for Rider to dip his little toes into the water. He’s already such a water baby – he’s loved baths since birth. And I keep thinking about cold summer drinks and fun days with the kids, because I think it will be another camp-less summer. Perhaps we’ll have some light travel. We certainly deserve it. This recipe, though. It’s adorable. We can agree that sunny and 70 with low humidity and only puffy clouds in the sky is pretty amazing, right? And can we also agree that these are absolutely adorable?
I’ll make do, though. Right now is a crazy month – I always find May to be a little transitory and weird, and this one is another weird one, for sure. The weather today, though. That inspires. What I’m thinking about is relaxing by the beach. I’m thinking about cool blue water, slower breaths, and slower paces. Maybe some baby beach days. I’m thinking it’s a goal to achieve.
Beach Days Jello Cups:
What You Need:
2- 3oz. boxes Jell-O, Berry Blue Flavor
1 pkg. Honey Teddy Grahams
2 boxes Rainbow Nerds
10 Clear Plastic Cups
1 pkg. Gummy Lifesavers
1 pkg. Airheads Extreme Sourfuls
5 Drink Umbrellas
Black Edible Marker
Optional: Gummy fish/Gummy Sharks
What You Do:
- Prepare Jell-O according to package directions.
- Pour about 3-4 tablespoons of nerds into 5 plastic cups.
- Place an empty cup into each of the cups with nerds, and place a gummy fish down in each cup if you would like.
- Pour Jell-O into each of the 5 cups, and fill within 1/2 inch from the top.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until gelatin is set.
- Use the Lifesavers and Airheads as floats to put on top of your blue gelatin water, and put the Teddy Grahams on the floats. (Make sure to put the Teddy Graham inside the lifesaver before you place it on the jello). Place an umbrella into each cup as well.
- The nerds resemble rocks in the ocean while under the blue gelatin cups, but they can be added to the Jell-O to eat or just by themselves.
- Use Black Edible Marker to paint “sunglasses” on the bears!