Accidentally, because I found myself mid-week with no questions to answer. On purpose, because I didn’t want another looming deadline this week of having to get ten questions to someone. I also was really curious as to what would happen if I were to post a Facebook status asking for questions from my FB friends. What resulted is beautiful, chaotic and definitely more than ten questions. Some of this may get me in trouble. Some are deeper than I imagined. Some are light, funny and digestible. I love that there’s no theme or just one question author to tie them all together. They are free-flowing, random and wonderful. Stay tuned for my answers after these few words about Ask Away Friday! And thank you, everyone!
Thank Goodness it’s #AskAwayFriday! Get to know our new hosts, meet our new co-host, and grab our new logo! Be sure to check out our new Facebook page “AskAwayFriday” for a great place to meet up and send out a #BuddyRequest if you need a partner to swap with! And always feel free to contact me here or anywhere if you want to swap with me.
#AskAwayFriday was created by the amazing Penny from Real Housewife of Caroline County as a place for us to connect with other bloggers by asking them ten questions to really get to know them. The sky is the limit with the questions you ask!
Tiffany from Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter,
Christy from Uplifting Families,
Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings
Amber from Bold Fit Mom
Here are the questions I narrowed down from a wonderful list! I’m sorry I couldn’t use them ALL! I picked randomly.
1. What is your favorite movie in the last five years? Why this particular movie? – This question comes from dear Rudri from being RUDRI.
This is hard for me to answer because I seem to be blanking on just one favorite movie from the last five years. And I know that all of my true favorite movies are over five years old. I really loved Maleficent – I loved that idea of true love’s kiss. I remember being pretty darn impressed by The Adjustment Bureau. And sure, Frozen was totally cool.
2. If you could define the primary goal you aim to achieve as a writer, what would it be? – This question came from one of my oldest friends, Mike, from high school, college and Nintendo sleepovers. Yes, I had sleepovers with boys in high school.
While fame and fortune sound pretty good to me, ultimately I just want to change lives. Or even one life. I want people to read my words and think to themselves, “Holy crap. Yes.” I used to think I wanted to be a household name for something really cool and heroic. Maybe I’d like to find that heroism in writing and photography. It may be on a much smaller scale than I originally intended, and I’m ok with that. At least I think I’m ok with that? We shall see where life takes me.
3. Do we have any pistachios or Good ‘n Plentys at home? – This one comes from my dear husband, Cassidy.
The answer, my darling, is that we do have pistachios TODAY because you brought them home. Yesterday we were fresh out of such amazingness, but I do have a secret stash of M&Ms and Trader Joe’s mini peanut butter cups in my right desk drawer.
4. Have you watched any of the new season of Doctor Who? What do you think of the new Doctor? – This question comes from my lovely co-host of Ask Away Friday, Stacey of This Momma’s Ramblings.
I’m caught up on all of the episodes! I’ve seen a lot of hits and misses. I love some of the things Clara is saying. I don’t think it was vain or petty to be sad that HER doctor changed into someone else(ish). It helped all of us adjust. I like the new Doctor but I haven’t had one of those moments yet in which he bowls me over. I’ve come close, though. I love a lot of his lines. I laugh out loud. I love when he reached for her hand in “Deep Breath.” She was expecting her old friend, and there he was.
5. According to your sock drawer, which holiday is your favorite? Or just show off your five favorite pairs of socks. No white ones allowed! Wait? Do you own any white socks? – This one comes from my great blogging friend, Rabia, of The Liebers.
According to my sock drawer, Valentine’s Day is my favorite! I love my hearts socks and I consider them lucky so I don’t wear them out as much as my Christmas and Halloween ones. This is my true favorite pair of socks:
6. Favorite cheese? – This question comes from my friend Sarah at Beauty School Dropout.
I’m going to have to say that it’s fresh mozzarella. I remember the first time I had fresh mozzarella after years of Polly-O’s.. it was.. confusing. And ultimately amazing. The best fresh mozzarella in the world comes from a place in Hoboken, I believe, and you have to stand in line for a $40 log of it. I “think” it’s called Fiore’s Deli but if anyone knows otherwise, let me know! It is best kept NOT in the fridge, which is weird, and a dear friend brought it to our house (twice, actually) when I was pregnant, and I could have kissed her on the mouth. Now I’m going to be thinking about it for days! Weeks!
7. Here’s a wonderful two parter: Would you rather throw up, or eat an onion? Ok, would you eat an onion in order to see a moose? – These gems come from my dear blogging and in person friend (we met at BlogU) Dana at Kiss My List.
Well, Dana, I fear they’re one and the same thing, but I’d rather eat an onion and pray I don’t throw up. I would not eat an onion to see a moose, though. I generally know how to find those things on my own. If eating an onion could guarantee a bull moose would traipse through my yard, without bothering anyone, and stop long enough for photos, I’d eat four onions.
8. Here’s a doozer, as she calls it: Do you believe in HEAVEN? This doozer comes from the luminous and wonderful Chris from The Mom Cafe.
I am so afraid of getting flamed for this one, but I’ll answer as honestly as I can. I don’t really believe in heaven and hell as places of judgement with pearly gates or fire-filled pits with demons. I think those are stories that humans write. I might be able to be convinced that heaven can be a state of mind or consciousness.. or something. Maybe heaven is a place on earth. Like freshly baked cookies. And editing photos. The way Dinah curls around my monitor while I type, or spoons me on the couch. The way it feels when it’s a gorgeous day with my kids. I guess I’m really undecided but I believe in good things.
9. Favorite animated movie and why… oh oh and favorite Tim Curry movie (I’m assuming Rocky Horror, which I love but Clue is my fave) and favorite quote from said movie. – This question was sent in by my awesome friend, Melanie.
I do love Frozen but I think The Lion King is forever my favorite. I couldn’t speak after I saw it in the theater. Granted, I have seem many amazing animated movies as an adult. They seem to be getting better. As for Tim Curry, definitely Rocky Horror! It’s everything about that role. He is a major talent and he danced better in heels than anyone else I’ve ever seen.
10. Number 1 future event you hope to see? – This question was asked by Cassidy’s good friend, Michael.
There are probably many global events I can answer about, but I’d have to say it would be a wedding of one of my kids, or meeting my first grandchild. And when I finally win the lottery. And publish a whole bestselling book.
Bonus Question: What’s your favorite food, and how often do you eat it (not cookies!!!) – This was sent to me by my ever lovely friend, Jen, from PinkWhen.
I have 100 different favorite foods, but I’ll say mashed potatoes to narrow it down. To me, mashed potatoes are nothing short of heaven. For some reason I don’t eat them a lot. I guess I want to keep it special. Maybe I eat them a few times a year? Cassidy made them last Sunday night after our long drive back up from New Jersey. YUM.
Bonus Question #2: What is one thing you hope you pass on to your children? And one thing you hope you don’t? – This question is from Tanya, a friend I’ve had since MIDDLE SCHOOL. Holy crap. Twenty years ago.
I hope I pass along my complete and utter joy, and how I get high on life. I hope I DON’T pass on my anxiety. So far, so good.
Be sure to check out our Facebook page “AskAwayFriday” for a great place to meet up and send out a #BuddyRequest if you need a partner to swap with or to just talk about anything #AskAwayFriday!
By adding your email to this link up, you will be added to email correspondence that may be sent by one of our hosts, you may opt out at any time.
Hosts reserve the right to remove any links that do not pertain to the #AskAwayFriday theme.