I’m not going to lie. I was nervous. I’m from New Jersey and then I lived in San Francisco, but NYC is still such a different world from where I come from, and where I’m building my home now. Somewhere along the line, I opened my mind to the possibility that even though I like living in the middle of the woods, down by the river, visiting NYC is pretty much amazing.
I get nostalgic already, thinking about the little and big leaps I took here and there. I am not a public transportation person and I wanted to leave the city at my own will when it was time to pick up Des. He had a great three days at my parent’s farm, while Scarlet had a great three days with camp and friends. I also loved that I could park my car (ahem, Cassidy’s car), hope for its relative safety, and not have to worry about it for over 48 hours. Then I could leave when the conference was over.
Not that I wanted to leave. Did I mention I was only two blocks from one of my mothers-in-law, and it was her first solo trip to NYC too? New York has that kind of serendipity and magic. We used to say “OINY.” Only in New York. Has that trended yet?
That was my journey, and I hold it close to my heart. Other than my blogger friend Herchel – previously not someone I’d met face-to-face – I really didn’t know a soul other than Acorn and Herchel! I walked in and met so many people. I was beyond excited to meet three of the Acorn Influence lovelies. I have been on this blogging journey for so long, and it has really picked up in strange and wonderful ways throughout the last year. The Acorn staff has been beautifully supportive.
Ten Reasons You’ll Love Blogger Bash:
1. You’ll get to explore NYC! It’s the center of the world. The Big Apple. There’s never enough time to see and do everything you want to do – (like a pop-up museum with a rainbow sprinkles pool) but Blogger Bash keeps you PLENTY entertained!
2. You’ll get to meet some childhood idols..
3. You’ll get to meet your children’s idols..
4. You’ll get to BE your children’s idol.. I brought home three products from MOOSE Toys and the kids are still swooning.
5. You will find brands that genuinely interest you, and it’s not just toys. It’s adult stuff too. It’s everything. And there’s FOOD. And there’s even kid toys that make food that are fun for adults. I got a cake pop and I love cake pops!
6. You will meet your blogging friends, sweethearts, colleagues, soulmates, whatever..
7. Hey, do you like food? You’ll like Blogger Bash.
8. Your mind will be open to different and personal versions of success, and different ways to get there.
9. You will sit in awe and LEARN amazing things. I had the pleasure of hearing the Blogging Concentrated brain childs speak.
10. The fun doesn’t stop when you get home. There you can friend and connect with all the wonderful bloggers and brands you met face to face. You’ll send out emails and receive emails about wonderful partnerships. Of course, the big thing everyone talks about is the Sweet Suite swag box that arrives, large and in charge, on your doorstep not long after Blogger Bash. It’s AMAZING and I’ll do an unboxing post here soon, so stay tuned for that. That said, the connections, the learning, and putting faces to bloggers and brands is priceless. Swag is wonderful. Connections are wonderful-er. I made up that word.
And NOW, drumroll, here’s the giveaway:
There will be three winners total, with three different prize packs. (1 winner per prize pack) The brands include: JAKKS Pacific, VTech, and Skylanders. This giveaway will be live until August 10th, midnight, EST. US ONLY. 18+ ONLY.