This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TreatYourselfToSummer #CollectiveBias
Well if we’re being honest, I hope the Unicorn trend never ends!
The thing is, I’ve been enmeshed in it since my childhood – when I wrote in my Lisa Frank notebook and watched The Last Unicorn before going to sleep in my rainbow sheets, while surely dreaming about unicorns, rainbow sprinkles and pink icing.
My mom and I have this thing where our senses are super-strong. I guess it’s an all-around sensitivity. We’re extra ticklish, and don’t like extreme temperatures. We can smell things from a mile away, and we have been formally or informally diagnosed as “super-tasters.” I’m sure you can imagine how that is. One pretty cool symptom of it is how much the little things matter. It really does matter what sprinkles you use in a recipe, and what brand of marshmallows too. Color matters, and I swear it tastes better anyway – and you’ll be amazed at how much you can elevate a recipe with one added ingredient.
Right now, there are two incredible offers. First, treat yourself to summer by saving on Keebler Cookies with this Cartwheel offer at Target! Save 10% on Keebler Cookies. Offer is valid from 5/21 – 7/8.
Next, enjoy this Rice Krispies Checkout 51 offer. Get $1 when you purchase Rice Krispies Cereal and Jet-Puffed Marshmallows! Offer is valid from 5/18 – 7/12. Stock up and save on incredible ingredients for your summer gatherings!
Summer is all about parties for us. I’m a July baby and my firstborn, Scarlet, is too! Des was actually due in the summer as well, but came a bit early in late spring. We throw a lot of parties this time of year. I think this will be the best year yet, because Cassidy has outdone himself with the chicken coop and the strawberry gardens. We are ready to entertain and put together some amazing recipes. I’m talking Rice Krispies treats filled with Keebler Cookies, and topped with chocolate!
- 5 cups Kellogg's Original Rice Krispies Cereal
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 5-10 Keebler Chips Deluxe Rainbow cookies, chopped
- 4-5 cups Jet-Puffed miniature marshmallows
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups melting chocolate
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- Pink gel drops (or color of choice)
- Cooking spray
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Chop up Keebler Chips Deluxe Rainbow cookies, and set aside.
- Melt butter, vanilla extract and salt over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add your marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Rice Krispies Cereal and sprinkles until well coated.
- Grease a large spatula and use it to press mixture into greased baking pan.
- Melt chocolate with condensed milk over low heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add in pink gel drops.
- Pour entire mixture over Rice Krispies Treats.
- Let cool and add more sprinkles.
- Let cool completely before cutting into them.
Now that the weather here is somewhat consistently spring-like, I’m so excited to make these for more than one occasion! It’s pretty amazing what you can do with Rice Krispies Cereal from Target. Not only do we love it as a breakfast cereal (for me with a splash of cream in the bowl), my kids get excited to help with recipes. It’s because they enhance our recipes.
I had fun with the white chocolate. I tend to use a little more butter in my Rice Krispies Treats, which makes the white chocolate topping seep into the treats as a whole. If you want them as more of a garnish/topping, use less butter.