This post was sponsored by WaterWipes as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
Let me tell you, one of the biggest surprises I ever got in my life was my first pregnancy. It was the most pleasant and welcomed and scary and earth-shattering surprise I ever did receive. A second big surprise was that I was the first of my siblings, not to get married, but to have a baby. I thought I’d be the Super Aunt first! And yet, life had other plans for me:
I moved from New Jersey to San Francisco, and then we moved from San Francisco to western Massachusetts. My entire family still lives in New Jersey, and I’m the odd one out! I went down to visit more often before, or between my kids, but now that three of my siblings also have children of their own, getting us all together is nearly impossible! Yet, I like a good challenge.
Connecting with other parents is something I do often. I live in a tiny city where we all run circles around each other. The parenting connection is STRONG and I have hosted play dates, attended play dates, co-hosted play dates outside of the home, and used every opportunity I had to get my kids around other kids. And mainly? To get myself around other parents. It’s so important to share kind words and stories and advice. It’s so nice to trade products, eat snacks, and watch our kids together.
These days, an opportunity for a family play date is PRICELESS.
When we can get together for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, fall, or Christmas, it’s simply amazing to watch your siblings become parents, the way it is to watch your parents become grandparents. There’s nothing like it.
(Yes, my niece is the cutest toddler on earth.)
During our most recent family play date, this was perhaps the most priceless one, because it was the first time getting everyone together with the inclusion of my two newest nephews! Both of my sisters gave birth in 2016 – only two weeks apart.
Connecting with other parents – and sharing tips, tricks, and products – is amazing. Connecting with other parents – and sharing tips, tricks, and products – with your own siblings? Again, it’s PRICELESS! Of course, I had to take my favorite wipes EVER – WaterWipes – and give them to my siblings. I love to gift them with hand-me-down clothes from my kids, and with diapers and wipes that are much needed. We still need wipes in our house, and we honestly probably will long after both kids are day and night toilet-trained. The truth is that I can’t imagine going anywhere without my WaterWipes – there are too many opportunities out there for messy snacks, messy crafts, and of course – just messes. That’s life! That’s parenting.
Since this was our first kid play date, I made a mental note of what made it so satisfying and full of love.
Having the Perfect Family Play Date:
- Find a good comfortable place (preferably one of your homes) that is as convenient as possible for everyone involved. Of course, finding a time when you’re juggling many naps is difficult, but can be worked around as best as possible.
- Bring or make an incredible snack. For me during this time of year, I can’t help but make Autumn Bars – using a chocolate chip cookie recipe – and then adding candy corn, peanut butter cups, and other fun candy. It’s messy but that’s ok. Wipes!
Halloween BUTTERFINGER® Cup Magic Bars.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Minis
- 1 cup assorted candy corn mix
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and stir. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle BUTTERFINGER® Peanut Butter Cup Minis, chocolate chips and coconut on top. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the mixture and bake for 25 minutes. Pull cookie bars out five minutes early and sprinkle with candy corn mixture. Put back into the oven for five minutes. Then cool completely and cut into bars.
- Hold babies, as long as you ask first! Sometimes it’s exactly what a parent needs – the chance to have free arms for a bit, to eat cookie bars, to marvel over the baby wipes you brought over, and also to visit with other guests.
- Don’t come empty-handed! My sisters and parents have never come to my house without small gifts, foods, diapers, and WIPES. I’m so ecstatic that I get to share my WaterWipes with my sisters. I know they will use them for years to come.
- Take pictures, of course! These moments are priceless.
My kids were happy to share their WaterWipes:
It’s enough to make me cry. WaterWipes have been there for the years. They are chemical-free baby wipes that contain only two ingredients – 99.9% pure Irish water and 0.1% grapefruit seed extract. They are the world’s purest baby wipes since water is nature’s natural cleanser and moisturizer, and grapefruit seed extract helps to maintain good skin condition too.
WaterWipes are durable and effective, without containing any of the harmful chemicals that may be found in other baby wipes. These are a safer, more natural option for your little ones, no matter how new they are to this world. So new!
And even skin that is two or three or four-years-old too!
What do we love about them? Des has been rash free for ages now. He likes the way they feel and I like that they don’t have a strong smell. Some baby wipes are too much for me because I generally don’t like strongly scented products at all.
What’s your favorite thing to talk about during a play date?
Find out more!
Connect with WaterWipes:
WaterWipes Pure Love Video