*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Reese Specialty Foods.
I know, I know – the salad title is a mouthful.
You know what else is a mouthful? This AMAZING salad. I assure you that if you make it for yourself at home and put it lovingly in a container with a note on it that says, “MINE. Don’t eat.” This will not stop your family members. And I can all but assure you that if you bring this salad to a summer get-together or party, you’ll be returning home with an empty bowl.
Potentially licked clean too.
What makes it so good? It’s partly picking your vegetables from your own garden, and barring that, getting fresh ones from a great source. We are growing kale like crazy right now and can’t possibly use it for anything less than PERFECT.
Another factor that makes it SO GOOD is the attention to details. And that’s where Hearts of Palm comes in. I have loved Hearts of Palm for a long time. Cassidy’s mom used it on a summer salad when I was pregnant with Scarlet, and I have never looked back since. She also taught me the fine art of using artichoke hearts in salads too! So I thought, “Why not both?”
Hearts of Palm are versatile, simple, and delicious! I have fun with mine. I use them for special occasion salads, and I’ve even been known to throw them into a soft summer taco. The thing about salads, though, is that they’re really special. It’s much easier to bring a salad to a get-together than a plate of tacos! And salads make people feel great. What makes this salad special is that I use organic kale from our own garden! I also make my own lemon poppy seed dressing. I chop up the ever-amazing avocados, and use Reese Quartered Artichoke Hearts. Side by side with Reese Medallion Cut Hearts of Palm.
Or really, heart to heart.
Put a little love in your favorite recipes, because the best part is the heart! Hearts of Palm (and artichoke hearts) are vegan and vegetarian-friendly, low in cholesterol, rich in potassium, containing Vitamin C, and part of the Non-GMO Project. What you might not know is that Reese Hearts of Palm are a known delicacy around the world. Used in salads, served with a main dish, or deep-fried for a delicious, crunchy treat, get them in these varieties. All Non-GMO Project Verified.
Have you enjoyed Reese® Products yet? Located at grocery & retail stores around the US, visit here and click on the product locator link to find your closest location. You bring quality to your kitchen with Reese! They have been America’s most trusted name in gourmet specialty ingredients for almost a century! That’s why it’s time to try Hearts of Palm!
And now it’s recipe time!
Lemon Kale Avocado Summer Chop Salad
- For the salad:
- Reese Medallion Cut Hearts of Palm
- Reese Quartered Artichoke Hearts
- 2 cups kale - chopped (de-stemmed)
- 1 lemon - juiced and strained
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup quinoa - cooked or crunchy
- broccoli, red cabbage, carrots, radicchio
- pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- For the Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey or sugar
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1. Chop your kale and put it in a large bowl
- 2. Then coat it with lemon juice and let sit for 5 minutes
- 3. Add olive oil, salt, avocado, quinoa and seeds to the salad
- 4. Add Reese Medallion Cut Hearts of Palm and Reese Quartered Artichoke Hearts, as well as (optional) broccoli, cabbage, carrots, and radicchio
- 5. For the dressing, combine olive oil, lemon, honey (or sugar), poppy seeds, salt and pepper
- 6. Shake until mixed well
- 7. Pour over the salad and toss to coat
Try Reese Hearts of Palm and Artichoke Hearts! Download the Ibotta app to earn rebates on Reese products. They’re all unique and delicious. And don’t forget to follow Reese on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.