This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Through all my food quirks and passions, have you noticed that I’m a Sliders Girl?
Yes, that deserves capital letters. There are SO MANY reasons I love bite-sized foods – especially with foods that aren’t usually bite-sized – like hot dogs, pizza, burgers, and QUESADILLAS. (also worthy of capital letters) I don’t even need to get into all the many reasons – because the important one is that bite-sized foods remind me of PARTIES. Parties give me good feelings.
It reminds me of school dances and weddings. Even better, it reminds me of my brother and sister’s Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. True I had my own two years later, but I was way too revved up to eat or remember the food then. For my siblings, the catering company had an entire table devoted to bite-sized foods. Pizza bagels, pigs in a blanket, mini grilled cheese bites, and pretty much anything you would want to fill your stomach with. Ever since then, I seek out the original ideas when I’m being served snacks and appetizers. At our wedding, we had a Mashtini bar! Mashed potatoes in little martini glasses for all!
There were toppings galore! Are you starving yet?
Good if you are. My recipe doesn’t take that long to make. I was at a wedding last year (because it’s newly 2017 and all) and there were mini quesadillas! This made me so excited! I knew I had to try my own hand at them. I’ve been a LA MORENA® fan since I found their products in a little bodega years ago. Since then, I’m excited that my Walmart carries their products.
Not only that, you can enter these sweepstakes NOW for a chance to win some amazing prizes!
#VivaLaMorenaSweepstakes (NFL Playoffs)
I’m a big LA MORENA® fan, and I have been for awhile now. The company has been providing us with the taste of the authentic Mexican home for over 35 years now! They are a leader in peppers, and I’m learning to get my heat on with them.
Quesadillas are a bit funny to make. They are so easy and quick, once you get the rhythm of them. Generally, you don’t want them too thick, so you put the cheese on only one half of them. I tend to use cheese across the board, but then put the other toppings on only one side. Then you have choices galore! You can use ground turkey or deli turkey. You can use any deli meats. You can use flour tortillas or corn tortillas! You can get your spice and heat from various places. One of my secret ingredients is LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo. I’ll write about it in more detail in my recipe, but remember that a little goes a long way – and that you can use the peppers, just the sauce, or both. You’ll know the tastes of your party:
I tend to start light – focusing on intense and wonderful flavor -and build from there.
Spicy Turkey, Corn & Cheese Quesadilla Sliders
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 Flour or Corn Tortillas (I chose flour)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices thin turkey breast
- 8 avocado slices, thin
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup LA MORENA® Beans
- 1/3 cup LA MORENA® Sliced Jalapenos
- LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo - 13 oz can - only a bit packs a punch
- 4 oz. sour cream (optional)
- Heat up 1/2 tsp olive oil (or any oil) in skillet on medium heat
- Place one flour tortilla at a time in the skillet and sprinkle with cheese
- Then add toppings to one half of the tortilla - add turkey, avocado, corn, LA MORENA® Sliced Jalapenos, LA MORENA® Beans, and use one LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo OR
- Spoon on just the sauce of the LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
- Add sour cream and guacamole
- Once tortilla is warmed through, fold it over to form a half circle quesadilla and toast one side
- When the cheese has melted and you can see golden-brown spots on the underside of the tortilla, the quesadilla is ready
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice into wedges - "sliders"
- Wipe the skillet clean and repeat
- Keep going with remaining tortillas and fillings
Tip: I chose cheddar cheese to make it more kid-friendly, but feel free to use pepper jack for even more heat.
An extra dollop of guacamole would be great in place of fresh avocado.
LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo - the sauce is tangy and slightly sweet. You can use the peppers for intense and smoky heat, but also have the option to just use the sauce for great flavor. You can do both too!
If it’s game time or you’re having a big game party, here’s my favorite checklist:
Decorations – banners, streamers, real or inflatable footballs, balloons
Drinks – sodas, juices, seltzers, water, and coolers, buckets, small tubs, ice
Food – finger foods, chips and dips, wings, and of course – quesadilla sliders
Dining – plates, bowls, cups, cutlery, platters, trays, napkins, serving bowls
Seating – enough seats in front of the TV for everyone, folding chairs, lawn
& camping chairs come in handy too! Put out throw rugs, blankets and pillows
What’s your favorite bite-sized snack or appetizer for a game time party?