This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
I am a sliders girl! I love full-sized meals as much as the next person, but I had a burger for lunch the other day, and I could easily have fallen asleep during the next several hours. It was somewhat comical! Ever since I was a kid, I have absolutely loved sliders. I think it probably originated at all of the Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and Sweet Sixteens I went to in the NJ/NY area. Have you ever had the pleasure? There’s always a kids menu with kid-sized appetizers and meals. I’m talking little hot dogs, little pizzas, and of course, little burgers. Now my pork sliders are big kid/adult food. The marinated pork flavor is SO BIG!
You can dress them up with my spicy slaw, or you can be like half of my family and have lettuce, tomatoes and Dijon mustard. We had a pretty even split. I am sharing my spicy slaw recipe anyway, because I think you can take it too!
Life is busy lately, no doubt. When I thought it was busy before, I was never factoring in what it would be like with two kids in school. Luckily, homework hasn’t started yet but I’m predicting it will get even more hectic around here in October. We need to utilize our favorite 30-minute dinners. Scarlet gets so hungry after track practice that I have to be able to make something filling and fast. That’s where Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork comes in! It’s truly “Real Flavor Real Fast.” Our favorite Walmart will always have an awesome selection. I love Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Peppercorn Tenderloin.
My kids are sliders people too. And the “What’s for dinner?” question is a plaguing one in my household. So we turn to Marinated Fresh Pork – it’s flavorful and versatile. You don’t need anything else! You also don’t have to look beyond getting great quality meat right in your local Walmart meat department. Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork is 100% pork, and is available in a variety of flavors across Tenderloins, Loin Filets and roasts. Enjoy it grilled, roasted, sautéed, and more!
In my family we’re pretty evenly split on toasting the sliders buns or not. It’s the same way we’re split on spicy slaw or lettuce and tomato. Of course, you can also do all of the above too! There’s no limits to your sliders. I love mustard!
That said, the amazing pork tenderloin flavor is enough for me! Another great trick is that repurposing the leftovers of this meal helps us save money and time. I take extra slices (medallions) of tenderloin and scramble it into eggs. YUM.
- 1 package Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Peppercorn Tenderloin
- 1 package sliders rolls, halved and lightly toasted
- 6 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Dijon mustard
- For the spicy slaw:
- 1 tbsp. spicy mustard
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 1 tbsp. pickle juice
- 3-4 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 cups red cabbage, chopped thin
- 2 cups green cabbage, chopped thin
- 1 cup broccoli stems, sliced thin
- 1. Preheat over to 375°
- 2. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high on the stove and place the pork tenderloin in the hot skillet
- 3. Take a minute to sear all sides (30-60 seconds per side)
- 4. Place your skillet in the oven and roast the pork for about 25 minutes
- 5. Check to see that the pork has an internal temperature of 145°F.
- 6. Let the pork tenderloin cool for about five minutes
- 7. Slice it to your own desired thickness
- 8. Place a layer of pork slice on the bottom bun of your sliders
- 9. Layer with lettuce, tomatoes and Dijon mustard, or spicy slaw
- 10. Enjoy!
- For the spicy slaw:
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together mayo, spicy mustard, pickle juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper
- 2. Add in cabbages and broccoli and toss the slaw to coat thoroughly
Are you in need of a weekend getaway? Smithfield® is here to help you and a guest experience the ultimate luxury trip to the renowned Napa Valley where you will get the chance to experience all that Wine Country has to offer! All you have to do is head on over to SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFast.com and submit your tip/trick on how you get dinner ready in 30 minutes or less using Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. You can also win one of thousands of gift cards!
Connect With Smithfield®!
Marinated Fresh Pork
Real Flavor, Real Fast