And you may be thinking, “Well I came here, because I was told there’d be cake?” because that’s exactly how my mom operates. If she goes to a birthday party and they run out of cake, or serve it too early or too late, she remembers. She’s shrewd like that. I don’t have cake for you, but I have something I believe is even better – GIRL SCOUT COOKIES – and served in a brand new delicious way, no less! SHOOTERS! So get out your Girl Scout cookies, or order them if there’s still time.
For the rest of this week, you will be visited by three
Christmas St. Patrick’s Day/Beauty and the Beast ghosts. I like to tell people what to look forward to – because I hate surprises – so this is post #1. Tonight, post #2 will be a Beauty and the Beast recipe. Remember my Chip the Teapcup Treats? You can expect more of that! Then, tomorrow morning (or afternoon or evening, if I can’t get my act together) I’ll post Part 1 of our Magic Kingdom visit! Three fun posts to end your week.
I’m ready for this week to end. We had a snow day, and then one of those magical mornings in which Des had a one hour delay, Scarlet had a two hour delay, and our town didn’t do a good job at plowing our roads. As usual, I’m overworked, underfed, and excited for my Thursday afternoon with Des. You could make this a virgin drink, and we all know I only drink virgin drinks, but I’ll let you make that call! Celebrations are celebrations, aren’t they? You choose your own adventure.
Don’t forget to add frosting!
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/4 cup Creme de coca
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 3/4 cup milk
- Chocolate frosting
- 6 Thin Mint cookies
- Optional - whipped cream
- Apply a thin layer of chocolate frosting around each rim of your shooter glasses
- Pulse the thin mint cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs
- Pour into a shallow bowl
- Dip each shooter rim into the thin mint crumbs, covering the frosting completely
- Chill for 10-15 minutes
- Place 5 to 6 ice cubes into a cocktail shaker
- Add all of the ingredients into the cocktail shaker and shake, shake, shake
- Strain and pour into each shooter glass
- Serve immediately or add whipped cream and additional cookie crumbs