Warmer than that and we’re already thinking about the beach. Although if you read my post earlier today, the beach is already on my mind. This recipe, though. It’s adorable. We can agree that sunny and 75 with low humidity and only puffy clouds in the sky is pretty amazing, right? And can we also agree that these are adorable. They’re almost too cute to eat.
I’ll make do, though. Right now is a crazy month – with work being at its peak busiest. Then there are field trips and field days, preschool conferences and kindergarten buddy days. I’m feeling a bit overwrought. What I’m thinking about is relaxing by the beach. I’m thinking about cool blue water, slower breaths, and slower paces. I’m thinking it’s a goal to achieve.
Beach Days Jell-O Cups
What You Need:
2- 3oz. boxes Jell-O, Berry Blue Flavor
1 pkg. Honey Teddy Grahams
2 boxes Rainbow Nerds
10 Clear Plastic Cups
1 pkg. Gummy Lifesavers
1 pkg. Airheads Extreme Sourfuls
5 Drink Umbrellas
Black Edible Marker
Optional: Gummy fish/Gummy Sharks
What You Do:
- Prepare Jell-O according to package directions.
- Pour about 3-4 tablespoons of nerds into 5 plastic cups.
- Place an empty cup into each of the cups with nerds, and place a gummy fish down in each cup if you would like.
- Pour Jell-O into each of the 5 cups, and fill within 1/2 inch from the top.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until gelatin is set.
- Use the Lifesavers and Airheads as floats to put on top of your blue gelatin water, and put the Teddy Grahams on the floats. (Make sure to put the Teddy Graham inside the lifesaver before you place it on the jello). Place an umbrella into each cup as well.
- The nerds resemble rocks in the ocean while under the blue gelatin cups, but they can be added to the Jell-O to eat or just by themselves.
- Use Black Edible Marker to paint “sunglasses” on the bears!