This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationSweepstakes #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
I have been known to have trouble sleeping the night before, because I can’t wait to eat breakfast the next morning. I have been known to make breakfast dates with friends who have initially asked for drinks dates, coffee dates, lunch dates or dinner dates. It’s just.. breakfast. That’s my flow time. That’s my happy time. That’s when I’m most creative.
As a child, I had trouble gaining weight and focusing in school so my doctor suggested I drink Carnation Breakfast Essentials®. My mind was blown! It made a huge difference to me then, and now that I’m a mom of kids who are like I was, I’m all about making them interesting breakfasts. Cooking is more of a weekend thing since I wake up in a scramble of kids and pets, and I make sure all four of them eat first. I was inspired to learn that Carnation Breakfast Essentials® fits into my life again.
As the most important meal of the day, breakfast is also a way to start your day the right way with your family. I know I’m so much more ready to tackle the day if we’ve shared a meal and maybe even some smiles and laughs. Mornings can be hard for me, but the convenience and nutrition of Carnation Breakfast Essentials® have really saved the day for us in 2016.
On a typical morning, I look for ways to make it better. Lately, I’ve been exercising and even getting up a little earlier. There is a lot of room for improvement with breakfast, though. While I sometimes take a protein bar or banana to go after morning activities, it’s better when I get the chance to have a breakfast with my family first. It’s better for me mentally, and much better for me physically. We have decided to start the 7-Day Challenge, and on Valentine’s Day! What does that mean?
Carnation Breakfast Essentials® is encouraging us, and everyone, to get into a better breakfast routine. You can take the 7-Day Breakfast Challenge and enjoy a nutritious breakfast – together, if possible – every day for seven days. You can complete simple breakfast missions throughout the month of February for chances to win prizes! And now, the info:
1. Sign up at CarnationBreakfastChallenge.com.
2. Complete a simple yet fun breakfast mission for a chance to win. New prizes will be revealed every day!
3. Come back any day in February to complete missions and see new prizes. The prizes range from a Fitbit to a GoPro and other awesome stuff!
4. Head to your favorite store to purchase a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Nutritional Product and upload your receipt for five extra entries per day.
Now for the Strawberry Flavored Pancakes recipe! We used an easy recipe that Cassidy mostly knows by heart, but you can use any pancakes recipe. The key is to use a recipe that calls for milk so you can make strawberry milk, and thus, make Strawberry Flavored Pancakes! The powder is flavorful and will work for both color and flavor for getting pink, heart-shaped pancakes. You can also make your pancakes any shape you want, or use chocolate or vanilla Carnation Breakfast Essentials®.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (leveled - I use a knife for that)
- 1 packet strawberry Carnation Breakfast Essentials®
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder
- Pour the packet of strawberry Carnation Breakfast Essentials® into the cup of milk and stir well
- In another bowl, whisk together the strawberry milk, butter (or oil) and the egg
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet milk mixture and mix well, but a few small lumps are ok
- Cook until the pancakes have some bubbles and then flip carefully
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter if it's Valentine's Day
I got my Carnation Breakfast Essentials® at Walmart in the cereal aisle, and I was able to get most of the other ingredients there as well. I decided to go with strawberry flavor because of Valentine’s Day, and it being Scarlet’s favorite.