I never eat until I’m 100% (or more) full. There’s actually a name for this – Hara Hachi Bu – and it means eating until you’re 80% full. I also eat slowly. I was born this way and it’s not a practice of strength or willpower. So when people complain about how full they are after Thanksgiving dinner, I don’t really relate. I’m pretty much dreaming about mashed potatoes again, or popcorn, or ice cream, or something, within my usual 2-3 hours after eating. In fact, I’m dreaming about them all right now.
I haven’t eaten in 12 hours, you see, but before breakfast, it’s my slightly delayed time to write my Ask Away Friday post! For the holiday week, I decided to try something new and I borrowed this wonderful prompt/graphic from Love Life Surf.
Thank Goodness it’s #AskAwayFriday! Get to know our new hosts, meet our new co-host, and grab our new logo! Be sure to check out our new Facebook page “AskAwayFriday” for a great place to meet up and send out a #BuddyRequest if you need a partner to swap with! And always feel free to contact me here or anywhere if you want to swap with me.
#AskAwayFriday was created by the amazing Penny from Real Housewife of Caroline County as a place for us to connect with other bloggers by asking them ten questions to really get to know them. The sky is the limit with the questions you ask!
Tiffany from Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter,
Christy from Uplifting Families,
Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings
Amber from Bold Fit Mom
Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
1. Tammy. Yup. In fact, everyone who met me before my mid-20’s calls me this. Most have not made the switch to Tamara, which I understand, because it’s hard to call someone something else after so many years. However. If someone who met me as Tamara starts to calls me Tammy, it’s not cool. Not at all. The change took so many years because it couldn’t change until I started to think of myself as Tamara. And I do. I’ll always be Tammy to some, though.
2. Tam. I actually like it. I once found that it wasn’t even so much that I liked when people called me Tam, but that I liked the people I noticed had already been calling me Tam.
3. Tam Tam. Really, I only like this when my mom calls me this.
4. Tamara Camera. I had clients call me this recently to their sons while I was photographing them. It was fun!
Four jobs I have had (not counting any current jobs):
Sheesh. You have all heard many of these stories..
1. Innkeeper at an urban bed & breakfast
2. Pizza Girl (pizza delivery)
3. Inside Sales Rep
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
1. Rocky Horror Picture Show
2. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
3. Frozen (but honestly only twice!)
4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (my favorite)
Four books I’d recommend:
1. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
2. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
3. Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner
4. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
My little sister just helped me with this list!
Four places I have lived:
1. New Brunswick, New Jersey
2. Conway, Massachusetts
3. Flanders, New Jersey
4. San Francisco, baby
Four places I have been:
1. Yellowstone National Park – in Montana and Wyoming
2. Vancouver, B.C.
3. San Diego, CA
4. Disney World, baby
Four places I’d rather be right now:
1. Here, but eating breakfast here. (it’s on its way)
2. Calistoga, CA at Scarlett’s Country Inn
3. Yellowstone National Park, taking morning wintery photos
4. San Diego, baby
Four things I don’t eat:
1. Strong, smelly cheeses – brie, goat cheese, feta, blue cheese, and others like that (but I love other cheeses!)
2. Onions – truly my least favorite food. They smell like body odor. People realize that, right?
4. Cilantro. I have that gene that makes it taste bitter or like soap. It’s science, baby
Four of my favorite foods:
1. Mashed potatoes
2. Well made cookies
3. Broccoli and cheese
4. Clam Chowder
Honorable mention for milk chocolate!
Four TV shows that I watch:
1. Once Upon a Time
3. New Girl
Four things I am looking forward to this year:
Hmm.. this year is winding down, but I’ll answer it literally and not go into 2015 and spring and summer (sigh)
1. Our town’s holiday parade! (tomorrow)
2. Santa’s trains at Look Park
3. Seeing holiday lights with the kids and yelling out, “LIGHTS!”
4. Well. Christmas morning with the kids
Four things I’m always saying:
1. “Fart into a shoebox.” (it’s from a Tina Fey movie)
2. “I love you.”
4. “Should we go get cookies?”
Be sure to check out our Facebook page “AskAwayFriday” for a great place to meet up and send out a #BuddyRequest if you need a partner to swap with or to just talk about anything #AskAwayFriday!
By adding your email to this link up, you will be added to email correspondence that may be sent by one of our hosts, you may opt out at any time.
Hosts reserve the right to remove any links that do not pertain to the #AskAwayFriday theme.