This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AllNaturalPork #CollectiveBias
Here’s a not-so-little secret. Today is my birthday. We just got back from Cape Cod after three HEAVENLY days there. Even though Scarlet’s birthday was earlier in the month, we’re throwing her party this week. We are feeling FESTIVE. While we enjoyed the sights, sounds, tastes, smells, and feels of three days at the beach house, now we are home and focused on the best part (in my opinion) of summer. The lawnmower is going, the grill is fired up, and I’m making favorite summer meals.
After a rainy May, we’ve had so many sunny days lately and I love every day of summer fun. What’s my favorite part of summer? Well, TODAY is my birthday! And in the summer, I became a mama. In the summer, I love to take road trips, relax at the beach house, go on wildlife photography expeditions, and eat ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. No ice cream cone for me, because I’m all about savoring and slowness, and I can’t stand to rush a good thing. That’s why Smithfield® is perfect. You can get a great grilled meal in 30-45 minutes. Then you’ll want to sit back, savor, and enjoy every bite you take.
I’m here to tell you exactly how to get this goodness from your own grill, but also why you should! Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork pretty much epitomizes summer grilling for me. All of their products are naturally tender without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients. Also they’re easy to prepare and versatile for weeknight cooking or weekend entertaining. Either way, you have a fast, delicious meal. And wait until I tell you what I do with leftovers! It’s worth waiting for.
Why? It tastes great, it’s high quality, and it’s easy to prepare. Also, Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork is proudly raised in the USA by Smithfield farm families – and it’s made with commitment, care and compassion. I love to grill with it all summer.
- Smithfield All Natural Back Ribs
- For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut
- Salt and pepper
- 3 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 cups organic ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- For the rub:
- ¼ cup salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1. Clean and cut Smithfield All Natural Back Ribs.
- 2. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer the sauce ingredients for 10 minutes until the peaches are soft. You can also puree the sauce, although I don't.
- 3. Mix the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- 4. Apply the rub to both sides of your ribs.
- 5. Heat grill to medium high and grill your ribs covered for about 10 minutes, checking frequently and reducing heat to control charring.
- 6. Brush ribs with sauce and turn over, for about another 10 minutes until the sauce sets thickly.
- 7. Then grill for another 5 minutes for each side, making the total about 30 minutes.
- 8. Remove ribs and let cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- 9. Spoon remaining peachy BBQ sauce over them.
- 10. Enjoy!
Want to hear a great tip for leftovers? Of course you do! Pull the meat off the ribs and use them for pork taco fillings the next day. Squeeze some lime and.. YUM.
With summer, comes the fresh tastes and smells of sweet, sweet summer. And what if you have leftovers? I’m so glad you asked! Just pull the meat off the bones and use them as the filling for pork tacos. Add some fixings and some lime. YUM.
Do you love grilling with Smithfield® as much as I do? Then tell them! You will have chances to win hundreds of dollars in prizes. It was so easy for me to think of all of the reasons I love grilling with Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork.
You all know I love Smithfield® products. Now you can connect with them in many ways. There’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and their awesome website too! There’s also an incredible Ibotta deal here: