Really quick stop-in to say HI! And Happy Easter Eve! And that we’re heading out soon to our annual Easter Egg Hunt. Des is ready with his brand new Star Wars BB-8 Easter Basket, and Scarlet is obsessed with her personalized one from my mom.
We still have to go to the store tonight for white eggs to use with a marble egg dye kit we have. Do you still have to go to store? Consider this the ultimate last minute Easter recipe. If you’re as enterprising as we are, you can even consider it an Easter Bunny gift – along with lettuce and carrots on the plate. No doubt, this will make humans and bunnies alike very happy.
Easter Bunny Cinnamon Rolls
2 Containers Cinnamon Rolls
1 Container of Cream Cheese Frosting
Edible Green Easter Grass
Black Candy Decorating Pen
Pink Food Coloring
Tiny Heart Candies, white and pink
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, place four whole cinnamon rolls.
- Next, unroll the other cinnamon rolls and cut pieces and make into oval pieces for the ears, two larger ovals for the outside of each ear, and a smaller oval to go inside each ear.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place about half the frosting in a bowl and stir in pink food coloring until well mixed. Leave the rest white.
- Using the black decorating pen, draw little hearts on the white heart candy for the eyeballs.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from oven and let cool slightly.
- Frost the bunny head with white frosting and the ears with the pink frosting.
- Put two of the white heart eyes on the face and put a pink candy heart for the nose. Then add a few little pieces of edible grass for the whiskers.
- Makes a fun breakfast or snack for kids!