How about EASY and DELICIOUS buttery and bacon-topped cornbread and/or Pork Sliders filled to the brim with cranberry sauce/mustard. People at the party will say, “I MUST have this recipe.” Or “This must have taken you HOURS to make!” And you can smile and share your recipe. I’ll make it easy for you by sharing them here! Party passers are my favorite types of recipes and while both of my recipes would be excellent dishes for it, you can also enjoy them with a sit down dinner.
Hatfield has launched new flavors of dry rub seasoned pork tenderloins and loin filets and they are SO GOOD. For my sliders recipe, I used Cracked Black Pepper, but they will all work well. The thing is, it was time to reimagine our holiday meals. We have our go-to recipes and they’re fun but enough is enough. We go to the same parties every year – we can’t serve the same dishes. That’s boring! It was time for new dishes and new flavors using Hatfield Pork Tenderloin and their Maple Brown Sugar Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon. Two exciting new dishes.
When I cook around the holidays, it’s always a mix of friends and family walking in and out. I love that. I love that our house is a place people like to visit – with its ski lodge vibe and the amazing smells of Hatfield products! And I love the simplicity. These are easy, delicious, stress-free, hassle-free, delicious-smelling, make-ahead meals. I’m a big fan of simple meal solutions for the holiday season. And the recipes are kid-friendly and picky-eater approved by both of my kids!
- 1/2 pound Hatfield Maple Brown Sugar Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon, diced
- 1.5 cups cornmeal
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1.75 cups fresh buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces (1/2 a block) of sharp cheddar, grated
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375
- 2. Heat your Hatfield Bacon in a skillet over medium until the fat renders and the bacon is crispy
- 3. Remove it with a slotted spoon (so no grease escapes) and set it aside
- 4. Meanwhile, mix together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt
- 5. Melt half the butter in the microwave and stir it into the batter
- 6. Add the buttermilk and eggs
- 7. Lastly, fold in the crispy bacon and cheddar cheese
- 8. Keep some bacon for the top - you'll want most in the batter and some on top too
- 9. Add the rest of the butter to the skillet and melt it into the bacon fat
- 10. Pour the batter into the skillet and spread it evenly
- 11. Sprinkle the remaining butter and cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes
- 12. Let it cool and enjoy!
For my second recipe for Pork Holiday Sliders, it only takes about 35 minutes of cooking time. To serve four, you’ll need a Hatfield Dry Rub Seasoned Pork Tenderloin. (we used Cracked Black Pepper) Preheat your oven to 400 and place tenderloin in a shallow roasting pan. Cover it with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a cutting board to let it rest.
Meanwhile, toast or grill snowflake rolls for the buns. Spread them with cranberry sauce and then top with sliced pork loin. You can add pickled onions as well, or try some with salsa verde. Toasted, yummy, flavorful sliders. So simple and tasty!
My recipes work for busy weeknights, on-the-go meals, travel, and gatherings with friends and family. There are a million ways to use Hatfield, and we love that their products are American made, ethically raised on family farms, and have no hormones/steroids added.
There’s so much to love about Hatfield. The uncured bacon and ham are gluten free, and contain no nitrates or nitrites. Hatfield is one of Pennsylvania’s heritage brands, and all of their products are all about keeping things delicious, simple and stress free in the kitchen. Mealtime is family time – no matter where that meal takes place.
What’s your favorite bacon recipe to make for the holidays? Leave your answer in the comments and the winner will win a $100 Visa Gift Card. This is an exciting way to earn a little extra during the holiday season. I can’t wait to read answers!
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via email@example.com email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 11/20/17-12/31/17.