This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DunkinCreamers #CollectiveBias
Can I even describe to you the wonder of today’s fall recipe?
See, everyone goes pumpkin crazy around this time of year and I’m really no exception. We had such a fall weekend. Saturday was cold and gloomy and I had to cancel the morning’s photo shoot. We all stayed inside cleaning or working. On Sunday morning, I had a family photo shoot in an apple orchard and the family came with to pick apples and then meet me back at the house for lunch. Then we went to another farm for a hay ride, playing in a corn box (like a sandbox but with corn), and then some jumps on the jumping pillow before getting dinner downtown. What’s a jumping pillow, you may ask?
Well, it’s this:
And a bit of this:
Wonderful, right? Right. The cool air came in at night and we hunkered down to watch a movie and bake cookies. So what I was saying about going pumpkin crazy like everyone else? I do go pumpkin crazy but I go REAL pumpkin crazy, and less fake pumpkin spice crazy. That’s why my cookies recipe is so good. It uses two secret ingredients, that are not so secret anymore. It uses REAL pumpkin and Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer. Creamy and pumpkiny. And shortbready too!
It’s a perfect trifecta of cookieness.
The thing is, you all know I love coffee. I was born loving coffee. I often have to go decaf, which is just fine by me, because I can still make my coffee as creamy as I want. And Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer is made with real sugar, milk and cream and has a wonderfully rich and smooth taste. I consider myself a coffee purist, and it’s the perfect choice for me. I also can’t resist Dunkin’ Donuts® Caramel Creamer – made with only real cane sugar for an authentic caramel taste. This time of year? I need to feel like I’m stirring homemade caramel into my coffee cup, you know? And it’s so easy to find!
They’re all in the dairy section of my local Walmart.
I also love my daily cup of coffee with Dunkin’ Donuts® Caramel Creamer, and maybe even some pumpkin whipped cream on a fall day. Dunkin’ Donuts® Creamer is extra creamy, extra flavorful, and there to give your coffee a little extra (extra) goodness. I love to swirl it in and enjoy delicious flavors just by adding them to my daily coffee. So simple, but so extra, extra! And not only does Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer make a cup of coffee so delicious, it’s also an incredible ingredient for one of my favorite fall shortbread cookie recipes. Actually, I rarely tell people this. Secret ingredient and all.
My glazed pumpkin shortbread cookies are a fall favorite because they make the house smell amazing and they’re chewy, delicious, creamy, and full of spiced pumpkin. I used Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer for the recipe, because I wanted the creamy pumpkin flavor to shine. You can also use Dunkin’ Donuts® Caramel Creamer or Dunkin’ Donuts® Vanilla Creamer as well and it will also be delicious. I don’t know that many people use coffee creamer for baking but it’s genius.
Pumpkin Shortbread Cookies With Creamy Pumpkin Glaze
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 heaping cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- For the Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon and sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Beat butter and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl for about three minutes
- 3. Then add flour, pumpkin puree, salt, Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice and beat until fully mixed
- 4. Roll dough onto floured surface until flattened
- 5. Use fun cookie cutters to make shapes and then take scraps, re-roll them, flatten them, and start all over again until there's no dough left
- 6. Bake on parchment paper or foil for 20-25 minutes, until golden
- 7. Make the glaze by whisking together confectioners' sugar, Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer, and pumpkin puree
- 8. Dip cookies into glaze and wait for them to dry
- 9. Optional: sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar blend
- 10. Enjoy!
Check out more about Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer and find recipe inspiration here!